Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

MMI interviews? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to clarify what MMI interviews are as a lot of people are saying a lot of different things and I'm getting pretty confused lol

Are MMI interviews where you've got different cubicles to go to, each with a different scenario in hand which you will have to solve?

For instance, one of the cubicles would be: describe to a blind man what a banana looks like without using the word yellow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    I just wanted to clarify what MMI interviews are as a lot of people are saying a lot of different things and I'm getting pretty confused lol

Are MMI interviews where you've got different cubicles to go to, each with a different scenario in hand which you will have to solve?

For instance, one of the cubicles would be: describe to a blind man what a banana looks like without using the word yellow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It really depends on the university. Some are still fairly traditional stations, why medicine, talk about your ps etc. Some involve some role play to really test your communication skills.

The biggest hurdle with MMIs is you can't really prepare for them as much. You have to go with an open mind and just take it one station at a time. They're not trying to trick you, but want to see if you can think on your feet, and what your communication (and other skills) are really like (without being as rehearsed as you may be for panel interviews).

ReputationRep:
    Will there still be stations with traditonal questions (I assume there will be at least 2 or 3)? So is it worth preparing the standard traditional questions?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.