Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Did AS level twice ! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey ya so i did AS level twice and planning to repeat next year as well because i really want to do ! Will i pass if i do? Any tips yourl can give me ! My board is edexcel and i do chem phy n bio ! please help me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by swwet aish)
    Hey ya so i did AS level twice and planning to repeat next year as well because i really want to do ! Will i pass if i do? Any tips yourl can give me ! My board is edexcel and i do chem phy n bio ! please help me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You won't pass by virtue of just resitting, but if you work hard and learn from things that didn't go so well in the previous years then you can do really well, but it requires a lot of hard work.

Revision guides are helpful, particularly for the sciences - I'm not sure about Edexcel but CGP was great for AQA.

Write notes, practice as many questions as you can, do past papers.

Also keep in mind what you want to do and where these A-levels are taking you. If you find that they're too difficult / taking too long then it may be worth looking into other things.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ! Yes i heard about cgp there is for edexcel but They dont have in srilanka And thats the issue And they dont ship in srilanka Yes um doing alot of hard studiess !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks ! Yes i heard about cgp there is for edexcel but They dont have in srilanka And thats the issue And they dont ship in srilanka Yes um doing alot of hard studiess !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    swwet aish You gave me useful advices when I was heartbroken. I will never forget that I will As long as I can recall, you are an Edexcel student studying in science feild. However I'm also an Edexcel A2 student but I'm studying commerce related subjects. However what I have noticed is that they usually repeat past paper questions by paraphrasing them. Therefore I would recommend you to practice much more past paper questions under timed conditions. You can improve your accuracy by referring to examiner's reports and mark schemes. Don't worry you can can go for a better grade.
    All what you really need to have is confidence, good memory, good time management

Here's the link
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...st-papers.html

I wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    I have this dear ! I want the physics CGP book if anyone can scan and send me Please help me with AS unit 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have this dear ! I want the physics CGP book if anyone can scan and send me Please help me with AS unit 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com
    Use that site as you can find learning resources and past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have that ! but i need a pdf for cgp or the image Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1445697341.366342.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  92.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do lots and lots and lots and lots of questions and past papers!
    As you've already done it twice, it will be a waste of time to be making notes again. I'd also recommend watching tutorials on YouTube (e.g. Khan Academy), and saving any of your teacher's powerpoint on your computer to look through (or any you can find online , at places like TES, GetRevising).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alottttttt ! But the problem is i cant get any apps on flash cards on my iphone 😕 If someone can help me getting the pdf directly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alottttttt ! But the problem is i cant get any apps on flash cards on my iphone 😕 If someone can help me getting the pdf directly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.