Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody from Derby? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am going to Derby on Wednesday for a medical for my new job and I need some help in finding my way. I will be going to the NHS Occupational Health Centre (or something like that) on Colyear Street. I will be cathcing the bus into Derby so will be traveling from the bus station. I need to know if it is within walking distance, it looks like it is around the corner on the map but my bf reackons it is about a 45 min walk (he has only been to Derby once so I dont know whether to listen to him). Any help will be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    I can't help personally as I'm not familiar with Derby, but www.mapquest.co.uk will give you the length of time it'll take to drive between two locations as well as the distance in miles. Might give you a more accurate picture of whether it's walkable. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    I am going to Derby on Wednesday for a medical for my new job and I need some help in finding my way. I will be going to the NHS Occupational Health Centre (or something like that) on Colyear Street. I will be cathcing the bus into Derby so will be traveling from the bus station. I need to know if it is within walking distance, it looks like it is around the corner on the map but my bf reackons it is about a 45 min walk (he has only been to Derby once so I dont know whether to listen to him). Any help will be much appreciated
    ok bear in mind that i'm useless as directions but here's my best shot:

from the bus station front (the side facing the eagle centre market - you can't miss the building, it's huge), cross the road towards the eagle centre market and walk towards HMV (basically straight on after you've crossed the road) until you get to a big stone ram. keep heading straight on past HMV (you should see shops like the co-op on your right) until you get to a T junction (this whole area is pedestrianised), and turn right (walking down the hill). keep straight (going past shops like topshop on your right and dorothy perkins on your left) until you get to the road. there's som roadworks going on, but turn left until you get to debenhams. walk past debenhams (so it's on your left) until you get to the end where there's an empty pound shop. turn left again and you should see a club called destiny and elite, heroes and the pennine hotel. that's colyear street.

hope that helps. it should take about 10 mins walk max and is not a long way really. i do it every sunday to get to work

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.