Turn on thread page Beta

Ask about hotel beds? watch

Announcements

So I'm spending a weekend in London in two weeks with my female friend who I'm hoping to begin a relationship with. I'm booking a hotel for us but I don't know if I should ask her whether she wants a double or a twin room?

Any advice TSR?

ReputationRep:
    If you're not already going out with her you cannot spring this as a surprise. Discuss sleeping arrangements in advance.

ReputationRep:
    One time my best friend booked a hotel for us, he assumed it was a twin room and it was actually a double. He was genuinely surprised himself and although we are very close I would have opted for the twin room.

ReputationRep:
    Either ask her or book a twin room. If things heat up you can always push the beds together.

You can't really trick someone into sharing a bed with you so either ask her or book a twin room.

ReputationRep:
    If they're not yet going out she might not even be up for the twin room! I booked a twin room for the first w/e away with a new gf. Things had not yet progressed to the bed by then. By mistake a double was allocated and was the only room available. It proved to be a happy error.

Asked her and she wanted a twin room

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.