Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Looking for a new job, don't know what to put in McDonald's section watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've been at McDonald's for almost a month and I absolutely hate it. I want to leave but I need a job to replace it with. I was wondering what to put on my responsibilities section, as all I've done is cook chicken in oil.

Can anyone give me an example of what they put, thanks.

Also how long should I work at a place before looking for a new job. My friend was telling me that her Dad throws away CV's when their most recent employment was under a month.

ReputationRep:
    Working with members of public (especially useful experience for retail), good team member, good at following instructions, good at working under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    I've never worked at McDonald's myself, but consider these;

Have you ever worked on the till/drive thru? If so, write something about being in a customer facing role/working with the public.

I'm assuming you do cooking, and as it's a popular fast food place, write something about your ability to work well under pressure; for example: keeping the food to a high/consistent standard during busy period's, keeping to time limits (I have a friend who works there and she said that there are time targets of how quickly a customer get's their food?).

Also, your ability to work well alongside other people.

As to how long you should stay there before looking for another job? I would keep working there while applying for jobs. Obviously it's not great if you hate it there, but if nothing else, think of the money :').

On a CV, an employer has no way of being able to tell why you no longer work somewhere; did you leave? Did you get fired? They won't know. It would look much better for your CV to say "McDonald's - date you started to present" Rather than you leaving after a month. Also, your manager is probably going to be a little more willing to give you a reference the longer you work there, than if you leave after 4 weeks.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.