Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Recommend a foundation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite a pale colour (I'm Calico in No7 Stay Perfect range, which is the lightest colour) but sometimes it doesn't give the best coverage. I just wanted to ask what foundations and powders would people recommend, without them being too expensive

ReputationRep:
    Revlon Colourstay is the best I've ever tried, mainly because it lasts most of the day and I don't always have to wear powder with it (although I do most days to ensure it stays on my face as I have an oily T-zone!) - also the pale shade range, in fact the whole shade range, is pretty impressive for a drugstore/high street brand!

It needs building, however, so I'd recommend doing it in thin layers, and buff/blend well as it dries quite fast. I apply with both my fingers and also my Real Techniques buffing brush and both work fine. I'm yet to try it with a wet sponge/beauty blender (although I use a cheap dupe version!), but I imagine that might be a good way to apply it!

Revlon is cheaper than No 7 I believe and the bottle lasts me ages. However, it's glass, so don't drop it on the floor like I did once.
    It also doesn't come with a pump, which is tres annoying, but I just tip it slowly and carefully on the back of my hand and use my hand as a sort of easel!

Hope this helps. This is my personal favourite, anyway. Mainly because it lasts most of the day, whereas all the others I used to love (L'Oreal True Match, etc) just melted right off my face after 4 hours.

xoxo

*EDIT* Also another good reason for Colourstay, you can select either the dry skin formula or the oily/combination skin formula to suit your own personal skin type.

ReputationRep:
    I second the poster above! Colourstay was amazing when I used it, unfortunately I can't seem to get a colour match for my skin and since it's a full coverage foundation it's noticeable. It literally gives the most fullest coverage, and it stays on for hours & controls shine! One thing I will say is that I found it a bit hard to take it off cause it lasts so well, so I literally had to use my cleanser twice & a cleaning brush. (I have acne prone skin so if I didn't take it all off I would've broken out)

L'Oreal True Match is also really good, and L'Oreal Infallible (the original one, I haven't tried the pro matte) and they have a nice shade selection too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairplaytoyou)
    I second the poster above! Colourstay was amazing when I used it, unfortunately I can't seem to get a colour match for my skin and since it's a full coverage foundation it's noticeable. It literally gives the most fullest coverage, and it stays on for hours & controls shine! One thing I will say is that I found it a bit hard to take it off cause it lasts so well, so I literally had to use my cleanser twice & a cleaning brush. (I have acne prone skin so if I didn't take it all off I would've broken out)

L'Oreal True Match is also really good, and L'Oreal Infallible (the original one, I haven't tried the pro matte) and they have a nice shade selection too!
    The L'Oreal Pro Matte foundation was pretty good too! Just had to moisturise a lot beforehand. Had amazing coverage, probably better than Colourstay, but not quite as long lasting power! Also, I like the squeeze plastic tube it was in, means I could cut it open once I was running out to get all of it out! Shame about True Match with me, just doesn't agree with my skin anymore!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lexnne)
    I'm quite a pale colour (I'm Calico in No7 Stay Perfect range, which is the lightest colour) but sometimes it doesn't give the best coverage. I just wanted to ask what foundations and powders would people recommend, without them being too expensive
    i swear by rimmel lasting finish and then the stay mate powder to set it, best combination in the whole universe ever

ReputationRep:
    I'm pale and neutral toned and the only foundation that matches me well enough to not put it down my neck is the rimmel 25 hour one in Ivory, but I'm kind of getting fed up with it... Does anyone have any recommendations?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.