The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
Maybe I'm just really abnormal, but I'm 23 (female) and I never get broody! I highly dislike the thought of me having to bring one up, yuk with it screaming and everything :s: My ex was right in that I'm not the sort to have children!! :smile:

I guess I never will. Maybe it's the cold-hearted, I'm so keen on making it to the top, ruthlessness I have in me which is preventing me from feeling the way ANY of you do :smile:

I don't think that's abnormal. I've got nothing against kids of course but they are 'orrible, noisy, smelly, expensive pains and, being a single bloke, I'm fundamentally incapable of understanding the desperate need to handicap yourself with them. But, LibNorth, the "army of bastards" idea does appeal.
V Plates
I don't think what you are feeling is wrong at all. All women have their own maternal instincts to some extent (some more than others). You really shouldn't worry with the way you are feeling. In my opinion though i would want to wait a while, until i am in a secure relationship, where i know that it is what my partner wants too. I would also want to finish my degree and get a good career behind me before i have children because they are a big financial investment too. There is a lot of organisation and thought that needs to go in to having children.
At the age of 21 you are also at the prime of your life, you should really be going out and having as many experiences as you can of life. This way you will be able to tell your children everything you have done in your life. In the end it is your decision to make, and what ever decision you finally choose, i don't think will be a wrong one xvx

Now hang on a minute Viks, there's something wrong here.....where are all the lols?! Maybe I'll give you your first ever rep just for leaving them out for once.
*Joanna*
But I know that having a baby now would be THE worst possible thing I could do

Well there ARE worse things you could do (going on a homicidal killing spree and committing genocide would be a prime example....or having sex with 16 giraffes and then burning your parents house down would be another).

lol sorry I just felt like saying that. Ignore me I'm in a weird mood.
Reply 43
XenaGlamRocker
Well there ARE worse things you could do (going on a homicidal killing spree and committing genocide would be a prime example....or having sex with 16 giraffes and then burning your parents house down would be another).

lol sorry I just felt like saying that. Ignore me I'm in a weird mood.

Well, yes, you're right. But from a purely selfish point of view, I really should not have a baby at this stage in my life.

But my cousins are forgiven, apparently I don't have nits. They are sweet, lovely children again. What a repayment for babysitting that would have been!
lol I only ever had nits once in my life - when I was 17.
I caught them off my hubby (then my fiancé) who was 24 at the time.
He caught them off his best friend (who was also 24 at the time).

Heaven knows where she got them from - she's liable to have stuck her head anywhere! *shudders*

no kiddies were involved - just a lot of nits lol!
Reply 45
i dont understand. do you want to give BIRTH to a baby ? or could you just like do babysitting or adopt? is the urge to give birth or is the urge to be around babies?
shinytoy
i dont understand. do you want to give BIRTH to a baby ? or could you just like do babysitting or adopt? is the urge to give birth or is the urge to be around babies?

I doubt many people would be desperate to give birth specifically - it's not exactly fun lol. The urge to have children doesn't come from a desperate need to get really fat and then squeeze out something the size of a melon through a hole the size of a lemon!

I'm sure the OP loves all children, but wants one of her own!
It's very different having your OWN child to love than it is to babysit somebody elses.
It's not got anything to do with the actual labour part.
Reply 47
The urge to have children doesn't come from a desperate need to get really fat and then squeeze out something the size of a melon through a hole the size of a lemon!
:rofl: omg never heard that before! :eek:
shinytoy
:rofl: omg never heard that before! :eek:

lol sorry was it too graphic?
I was just telling it like it is :wink:
rosetinted
God the idea of having a baby makes me shudder. I've never felt broody or wanted to have a brat in tow. They are time consuming, money consuming and wreck any chance you have for a normal life, career or travelling for at least 18 years. No thanks.
I love you rosetinted.

:hugs: :adore: :hugs:
Anthonyjm71
err NO between 23 - 35 is about the perfect time to have a child well mature enough for anyone to start a family..

you're totally right in your train of thought true being in your 20's or 30's is perfectly fine..

l am being well fair on this.. I am to feel totally normal and proud.. :proud: of myself for my beliefies..

Ok cool thanks.

Yeah I agree, K I like you now, Anthonyjim :smile:
Reply 51
rosetinted
God the idea of having a baby makes me shudder. I've never felt broody or wanted to have a brat in tow. They are time consuming, money consuming and wreck any chance you have for a normal life, career or travelling for at least 18 years. No thanks.

They are really ever only this if you have not prepared yourself for them. I'm sure give it a few years and people that do not want to have children will feel that they want them. I was in the same position a couple of years ago i didn't want to have children, but in the end that was probably because i am an only child and i don't really know how to interact with children, as i have never had any brothers or sisters of different ages. But now i have changed my mind and would like them in the future xvx
Reply 52
It could just be a phase. When a friend of mine got pregnant (she was 19 at the time, only just turned 20), I kept noticing how many babies there were everywhere and kind of wanted what she had - a husband and kid on the way. But it's just a phase really. The boring holidays were over and I was back having fun and partying. And the thought now scares me, that I'd have a kid now. I have phases where some times I want one - not very often at all though really. Most of the time I want kids in the future and most of the time I don't even think about it.
If i was with a guy I wanted to marry and have kids with - maybe I would be thinking about it, but that's not the case, lol. hehehe
V Plates
They are really ever only this if you have not prepared yourself for them. I'm sure give it a few years and people that do not want to have children will feel that they want them. I was in the same position a couple of years ago i didn't want to have children, but in the end that was probably because i am an only child and i don't really know how to interact with children, as i have never had any brothers or sisters of different ages. But now i have changed my mind and would like them in the future xvx

I'm only child too (well I have one step-brother who is 10 years older than me, but he didn't become my step-brother until I was 18, and I don't really know him well at all, so he doesn't really count). Don't worry - when the time comes for you to have children, you'll be able to interact with them just fine :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending