Turn on thread page Beta

I sent off my UCAS a few weeks ago and I received an email from Oxford saying 'thank you for applying, you will receive more information from the college to which you applied by the end of October' and as of yet I haven't heard anything.

Is this normal? My main worry is that they're meant to sent us details as to submitting our written work, which needs to be gone by the 10th November.

Anyone else applying heard anything aside from the generic acknowledgement email?

ReputationRep:
    I did get an e-mail back from the college I'm applying to yesterday. I wouldn't worry yet, mine didn't say much other than that they had my application. Gave me a couple of links for information about written work and admissions tests. Give it a few days I'd say before contacting someone.

(Original post by Alfpalf)
    I did get an e-mail back from the college I'm applying to yesterday. I wouldn't worry yet, mine didn't say much other than that they had my application. Gave me a couple of links for information about written work and admissions tests. Give it a few days I'd say before contacting someone.
    Which college and subject? ahh I know, I'm just a worrier
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by cakeislife)
    I sent off my UCAS a few weeks ago and I received an email from Oxford saying 'thank you for applying, you will receive more information from the college to which you applied by the end of October' and as of yet I haven't heard anything.

Is this normal? My main worry is that they're meant to sent us details as to submitting our written work, which needs to be gone by the 10th November.

Anyone else applying heard anything aside from the generic acknowledgement email?
    "The end of October" could mean anything from now to right to the end of the month so whilst I understand why you want the email as soon as possible, by far the most likely reason you haven't been sent it yet is because it hasn't been sent out. You've already received emails from them so they don't have the wrong email address so it will come.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It is not the end of October yet. Wait until the end of October.

If you have received nothing on November first, contact them.

ReputationRep:
    Which college and subject? ahh I know, I'm just a worrier
    Mansfield college for Physics.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from the college I'm applying to today. It had information about interviews, including the dates that are on the website already (although it wasn't in itself an invitation to interview), my college's preferences regarding how to send written work (i.e. email/post), a candidate's checklist, information about accessibility arrangements, and links to find out more information. Really the only "new" piece of info I got from the email was about my college's preferences about written work. Your email should come around now, but if it's not there by November 1st, I'd say contact them then.

(Original post by Jehan Prouvaire)
    I got an email from the college I'm applying to today. It had information about interviews, including the dates that are on the website already (although it wasn't in itself an invitation to interview), my college's preferences regarding how to send written work (i.e. email/post), a candidate's checklist, information about accessibility arrangements, and links to find out more information. Really the only "new" piece of info I got from the email was about my college's preferences about written work. Your email should come around now, but if it's not there by November 1st, I'd say contact them then.
    I got mine a couple of days ago too, panic over! Although I don't think it included a candidate checklist... what is that?

ReputationRep:
    I got mine a couple of days ago too, panic over! Although I don't think it included a candidate checklist... what is that?
    Nothing exciting, basically just a file with a table of all the things a candidate has to do (tests, written work, interviews, A-Level exams etc) and a space for you to tick those things off/write notes.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.