The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett

I am thinking of applying to Henrietta Barnett for Sixth form and want to study Chemistry, Maths, Biology, Drama at sixth form. What grades would I need to guarantee my entrance? Please let me know I really want to go to a good sixth form.
Hi - current HBS Year 11 student here!

Quick warning now - Drama is not offered at A-Level! However, there are opportunities to get involved in drama activities - sixth formers run clubs like History Live for Year 7s, which is a mix of History and Drama, and then obviously there are the school plays every year. If you wanted to audition for NYT, Ms Clarke (the drama teacher here) is really supportive and helps you prepare as much as she can.

A lot of students take BCM here, so it's likely to be quite competitive. You definitely need A*/A in all of your subjects, and usually you need to take around 10-11 subjects (practically all HBS girls take 11 GCSEs). From what I've heard, most external students usually have at least 10 A*s at GCSE.

Think carefully about coming here though - there is a lot of pressure, and it definitely isn't the school for you if you can't cope with stress. I'm considering moving because of personal reasons and also because I have some issues with the school pastoral care... But I have heard that it gets better in sixth form and that students who previously hated the school actually quite enjoy the sixth form.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest