Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if you found out someone you know, knows that you use tsr regularly and can see your profile? Does the fact that someone you might know (without you knowing), know that you specifically have an account/tsr pic and post regularly bother you?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really mind. Wouldn't say anything online that I want to hide so it doesn't really matter to me
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I couldn't care less tbh

edit: ffs Nav_Mallhi beat me to it :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    No one knows me so it's kool :shh:

ReputationRep:
    I would sh*t my pants.

ReputationRep:
    My shareholders would revolt.

ReputationRep:
    meh i am still anon

ReputationRep:
    A picture of me isn't on my profile but I am in this situation - a lot of my friends know that I use the username 'doctorwhofan98' for a lot of online services, so they can easily tell this is me. One friend seemingly regularly reads the posts I make here regularly as well (hi there Andy). I really don't care to be honest - true anonymity can lead to some people being awful anyway.

(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    I would sh*t my pants.
    Haha what makes you say that?

(Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    A picture of me isn't on my profile but I am in this situation - a lot of my friends know that I use the username 'doctorwhofan98' for a lot of online services, so they can easily tell this is me. One friend seemingly regularly reads the posts I make here regularly as well (hi there Andy). I really don't care to be honest - true anonymity can lead to some people being awful anyway.
    But surely being anonymous to everyone is good? In your case, every time you post you know that a person in real life can see what you think about different threads. Does that put you off sometimes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But surely being anonymous to everyone is good? In your case, every time you post you know that a person in real life can see what you think about different threads. Does that put you off sometimes?
    When I feel like I have to, I post anonymously, but it's extremely rare. The people who know my username must know me pretty well in real life, so I have no issue with them reading what I post; I've very rarely, if ever, thought 'I can't post this because they'll see it' - if that is the case, then I must be posting something quite out of character.

ReputationRep:
    I would sh*t my pants.
    Ayeee, what are you hiding? ;]

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't really care to be honest, what's so bad about having an account on a student website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    Ayeee, what are you hiding? ;]
    A horrible personality.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less bruv, it's like any other social media account i have lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Some people know. Doesn't bother me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A horrible personality.
    It is alright. Everyone has a horrible side to them, but not everyone puts it out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Some people know. Doesn't bother me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, its not such a thing to be bothered for...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.