The Student Room Group

Portfolios for illustration

I just wondered if anyone what uni's people are applying for to do illustration? Im applying for bournemouth, leeds, norwich, Worcester and plymouth. How are your portfolios coming along, anybody want to share their work? I feel so nervous about interviews
Original post by evielsmith
I just wondered if anyone what uni's people are applying for to do illustration? Im applying for bournemouth, leeds, norwich, Worcester and plymouth. How are your portfolios coming along, anybody want to share their work? I feel so nervous about interviews

I'm applying to study at Falmouth, Bournemouth, Brighton, Norwich and Camberwell. My portfolio is coming along fairly well, I'm not entirely sure what i'm meant to put in it but I guess I'll just include a bunch of personal work i did over summer and some a level stuff too (are you doing a foundation or a levels at the moment??)
I'm so nervous about interviews too, like i'm worried i won't get into any uni ahhh. although most the unis i looked at have group interviews which seem way less scary!!
check out my thread on illustration thread, it might be interesting for you :smile:
Reply 2
I thing I'm going to apply for Bournemouth, Brighton, Falmouth and Middlesex :smile: Are you going to bring all the originals to the interviews or prints?

Original post by jordanamy
I'm applying to study at Falmouth, Bournemouth, Brighton, Norwich and Camberwell. My portfolio is coming along fairly well, I'm not entirely sure what i'm meant to put in it but I guess I'll just include a bunch of personal work i did over summer and some a level stuff too (are you doing a foundation or a levels at the moment??)
I'm so nervous about interviews too, like i'm worried i won't get into any uni ahhh. although most the unis i looked at have group interviews which seem way less scary!!
check out my thread on illustration thread, it might be interesting for you :smile:

Original post by Concha22
I thing I'm going to apply for Bournemouth, Brighton, Falmouth and Middlesex :smile: Are you going to bring all the originals to the interviews or prints?

Start here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974132
Reply 4

I havent done a foundation year! Im so nervous too, Im so jealous of the people taking courses that dont need an interview so they can just get offers!
Reply 5

Originals that arent too big but for the really big stuff I think just photograph and put it in? What about you?
Reply 6
Originals that arent too big but for the really big stuff I think just photograph and put it in? What about you?

I'm not sure... because some of my originals have some mistakes that I like to fix digitally and I'm debating for those cases weather I bring the original with the mess ups or the digital one.

I was also thinking about taking pictures of everything and maybe make a book for my portfolio? Idk if I can even do that...

Do you think they prefer originals?

I'm not sure... because some of my originals have some mistakes that I like to fix digitally and I'm debating for those cases weather I bring the original with the mess ups or the digital one.

I was also thinking about taking pictures of everything and maybe make a book for my portfolio? Idk if I can even do that...

If you read the link I posted, it tells you exactly what to do.
Reply 8

I think photos are probably fine, the only thing i would say is they probably will ask you why theres no originals so as long as you have an answer I cant see why theyd have a problem with it?
Hey guys, I've seen a lot of you are applying to Bournemouth! I'm Chris and I currently study there if you had any questions feel free to ask me!

Thanks

Chris :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by CBowditch
Hey guys, I've seen a lot of you are applying to Bournemouth! I'm Chris and I currently study there if you had any questions feel free to ask me!

Thanks

Chris :biggrin:

Hi, Do you love it??
Whats the interview process like? What kind of things did they ask? What kind of things did you put in your portfolio?

Thanks so much

Evie

for some of my drawings I scanned them in and fixed them a bit on photoshop, so I guess I'll print out the retouched images for my portfolio. :smile:

i'm so worried about it i feel like i haven't got enough decent work aghhhh
for some of my drawings I scanned them in and fixed them a bit on photoshop, so I guess I'll print out the retouched images for my portfolio. :smile:

i'm so worried about it i feel like i haven't got enough decent work aghhhh

Yeah I feel the same!
a few questions to the people in this thread applying for illustration - can you tell me what different kinds of work you have done to put in your portfolio and also how many pieces. Also, have you finished doing all the work for your portfolio yet and if not how much left do you have to do? sorry for all the questions I'm just curious haha

Quick Reply

Latest