The Student Room Group

How do you adapt to stupid people?

I have a lot of trouble talking to people who aren't that smart. I am too advanced for them. I will give you an example,

There's a nurse who said to me "I really hate that patient X - he's so mean". Patient X has paranoid Schizophrenia. Then I gave her this wonderfully reasoned explanation on how it's very difficult to delineate "true" personality traits from psychopathology when people have enduring mental illness and it's unfair to just say "he's mean". And she was just like.... "Huh".

And then there's people who find talking about any sexual topic really really really funny or people who listen to Nicki Minaj - stuff like that...

It's my own short-coming. How do other people do it? TSR is full of clever people and I'm sure you have to deal with stupid people from time to time, give me some tips?

Scroll to see replies

Inb4 "I have to deal with you OP"
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Inb4 "I have to deal with you OP"

Omg u have so much rep :/
I just don't interact with them after all I'm too much of an awesome genius for them :u:
Reply 4
Whats wrong with listening to nicki minaj?
I don't adapt to stupid people. I ignore them.
Original post by driftawaay
I don't adapt to stupid people. I ignore them.
Oh hi there! Care to carry on our conversation yesterday?
Original post by web-girl
Whats wrong with listening to nicki minaj?

She just sings trash
you don't be such a big headed donut and accept people as they are :smile:
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Oh hi there! Care to carry on our conversation yesterday?

Which one?
Which one?
The one about me finding myself as a woman and not as a man.
The one about me finding myself as a woman and not as a man.

I dont even remember, are we talking about your troll thread about dating different races?
I don't talk to stupid people tbh, they're boring. I'm very selective. :yep:
Original post by drowzee
I don't talk to stupid people tbh, I'm very selective. :yep:

Sometimes you have to though, it's difficult to avoid it. Like on a train or even at work if someone sits by you at lunch and just starts blabbing away...
But she's right though, isn't she? He is mean. Even if it is because of his mental health disorder. It's part of who he is.
Original post by Awesome Genius
I have a lot of trouble talking to people who aren't that smart. I am too advanced for them. I will give you an example,

There's a nurse who said to me "I really hate that patient X - he's so mean". Patient X has paranoid Schizophrenia. Then I gave her this wonderfully reasoned explanation on how it's very difficult to delineate "true" personality traits from psychopathology when people have enduring mental illness and it's unfair to just say "he's mean". And she was just like.... "Huh".

And then there's people who find talking about any sexual topic really really really funny or people who listen to Nicki Minaj - stuff like that...

It's my own short-coming. How do other people do it? TSR is full of clever people and I'm sure you have to deal with stupid people from time to time, give me some tips?

Here's my tip - don't bother! Some people just prefer spending time and surrounding themselves with thoughtful, clever people. Some don't. But the crucial thing is that the individual has a choice - he or she can associate with whomever they want. That's in social terms. In more general terms, generally just nod and smile, I suppose?
I dont even remember, are we talking about your troll thread about dating different races?
To be fair I didn't create that thread...
It is the case that a smart person will make the stupid smarter. So they don't have to adapt.
Original post by 雷尼克
You're being stupid by posting this ****, do you have any idea how cringy it is? Try empathise with us in the regard of adapting to your cringe.

I respect your honesty.
To be fair I didn't create that thread...

Omg I just realized you didnt. The username is similar
I dont remember which thread you are talking about then

Quick Reply

Latest