Turn on thread page Beta

Can I continue and AS level that I finished two years ago at A2? watch

ReputationRep:
    When I sat my GCSEs in summer 2014 my school entered me for General Studies AS at the same time. I somehow got an A despite doing almost no revision.

I then took a year out for health reasons, and am now in Year 12 at a college, doing 3 AS levels. My question is, would I be able to continue the A level and do the A2 units in summer 2016? My college usually does let people take exams that they study for outside of school, so this wouldn't be a problem. The specification I was on is still running (not changing until 2018), but I'm not sure if you can continue an AS to A2 after such a long period of time.

I know that General Studies is a waste of time and generally not accepted for uni offers, but some universities that have UCAS points offers include it, and also if I just missed a conditional offer, it might be the difference between being accepted or not. I think its something that would involve minimal work for an easy qualification, considering how well I did. I'm very good at essays and feel my A at AS basically means I'm guaranteed at least a B. It would also show that I am a strong academic candidate, because I'm worried that only doing 3 proper AS levels might disadvantage me, so doing an A2 in year 12 along with my AS might cancel that out.

Does anyone have any experience with a situtation like this? I know its a pretty unique issue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pdarbs)
    When I sat my GCSEs in summer 2014 my school entered me for General Studies AS at the same time.

I then took a year out for health reasons, and am now in Year 12 at a college, doing 3 AS levels. My question is, would I be able to continue the A level and do the A2 units in summer 2016?
    Yes, no problem at all. It's more common than you'd think.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.