Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm beginning college next year and i'm torn between which A-Level / AS Level courses to take. My ideal choices would be Maths, Law, Health & Social Double and Psychology.
    However, this is a lot more lessons than my peers are taking, so I'm thinking of dropping one, as I don't want too much stress on me anyway.
    I was just wondering if it is worth taking Psychology?
    Could those of you who take the subject give me an insight into what type of things I would be studying and how easy it would be? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    Hi, I'm beginning collage next year and i'm torn between which A-Level / AS Level courses to take. My ideal choices would be Maths, Law, Health & Social Double and Psychology.
    However, this is a lot more lessons than my peers are taking, so I'm thinking of dropping one, as I don't want too much stress on me anyway.
    I was just wondering if it is worth taking Psychology?
    Could those of you who take the subject give me an insight into what type of things I would be studying and how easy it would be? Thank you.
    College*

If you'd asked me last year I'd say definitely do Psychology, but with the new levels it's ridiculously hard according to my teachers, so much so that it probably takes the enjoyment out of the subject. I.e. loads of in-depth biology, equivalent to a2 biology, and statistics

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you want to do in the future!
    I love psychology but they have made the new specification really hard, there is a LOT to remember, last year Id make notes in class and write them all up neatly so that I could revise from them. There is a lot of content, like any subject but it was hard. I got a B in AS, and I worked really hard!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.