Turn on thread page Beta

Hello, I feel exhausted. My body aches, my appetite is diminishing and I feel like I'm going to fall asleep at any moment. Its the start of my half term and I couldn't be more happier. My partner suffers from severe anxiety and depression. Her moods are horrifically unpredictable, one day we'll go out somewhere and have a great time and next thing she does her very best to avoid me. I understand its NOT her fault at all, but it kinda kills me when this happens. I can go from her favourite person to the cause of her problems and we both know this is the anxiety and not hurt but its taking its toll. There are days when she has a blank face and I get the truth out that she feels down. I love her (Of course) and I accept her illness but I'm worried if its wearing off onto me. Even as I write I feel extremely tired and many people I've spoken to have warned me I could be suffering.

It is proving to be a major struggle for me as I thought I could help her but I feel like I'm not helping and its taking its toll on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello, I feel exhausted. My body aches, my appetite is diminishing and I feel like I'm going to fall asleep at any moment. Its the start of my half term and I couldn't be more happier. My partner suffers from severe anxiety and depression. Her moods are horrifically unpredictable, one day we'll go out somewhere and have a great time and next thing she does her very best to avoid me. I understand its NOT her fault at all, but it kinda kills me when this happens. I can go from her favourite person to the cause of her problems and we both know this is the anxiety and not hurt but its taking its toll. There are days when she has a blank face and I get the truth out that she feels down. I love her (Of course) and I accept her illness but I'm worried if its wearing off onto me. Even as I write I feel extremely tired and many people I've spoken to have warned me I could be suffering.

It is proving to be a major struggle for me as I thought I could help her but I feel like I'm not helping and its taking its toll on me.
    You can definitely seek help, their often cater for the carer/family/friends, too. What is important to watch over you. And this has nothing to do, with not caring, just that you don't care 24 hours a day. You might just need a bit of sleep, a stable friendship group, sport, speaking to someone in the same positions, etc. or it is something bigger and then on top, you need to find a way coping at first and then learn how to get out of that state of mind.

Hence good luck, but there is porbably a solution out there, good for all of you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.