Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Left-wing party denied democratic power because of anti-EU stance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Very dangerous precedent set, I am pro EU but this could really harm its standing with the left - the right have almost given up on them already.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...rom-power.html

ReputationRep:
    I'm Anti-EU. Not because of immigration, because I'm a multiculturalist in favour of open borders. Not because of the money spent on the EU, because frankly it's a small amount compared to our annual budget.

I'm anti-EU because it's a dangerous threat to our democracy. We do not need to sign our nations power away to those in the EU who we have not elected. The EU bureaucrats have as much power over our lives as MPs, yet I bet the vast majority of people in our country couldn't even name the main parties in the EU or the main leaders. This is not the first time this has happened btw:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7781736.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonny360)
    I'm a multiculturalist in favour of open borders
    Should everybody in Africa be allowed to move to the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Should everybody in Africa be allowed to move to the UK?
    This is irrelevant to the OP, but I imagine you can guess my answer judging from my belief in open borders. I want governmental power over the individual to be vastly reduced. I believe in a world without borders with maximum freedom and rights for the individual.

ReputationRep:
    This is irrelevant to the OP, but I imagine you can guess my answer judging from my belief in open borders. I want governmental power over the individual to be vastly reduced. I believe in a world without borders with maximum freedom and rights for the individual.
    So can you please confirm your answer, all 1-2 billion Africans should be allowed to live in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    So can you please confirm your answer, all 1-2 billion Africans should be allowed to live in the UK?
    Borders should be open. What happens after that is up to the indivual people who want to immigrate/emigrate. I hope my answer is sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    Borders should be open. What happens after that is up to the indivual people who want to immigrate/emigrate. I hope my answer is sufficient.
    You should go into Politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    You should go into Politics.
    Already gone into Chemical Engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeptical_john)
    Very dangerous precedent set, I am pro EU but this could really harm its standing with the left - the right have almost given up on them already.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...rom-power.html
    This is extremely and the hallmark of a dictatorship. The president has flat out ignored an election result.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.