Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

sex before marriage watch

Announcements

I have always been against myself having sex before marriage and every guy that has tried it with me I have stood my ground and said no. However I have been getting to know this guy and he really wants to do it and we have been so close to doing it but he difference is I actually feel like doing it with him. But my issue is I am a Muslim. I am in such a dilemma

ReputationRep:
    Get married?

ReputationRep:
    You should

ReputationRep:
    Ask yourself WHY you are against sex before marriage.
    Is it because you don't want to risk pregnancy or an std? - use precautions.
    Is it because of family pressure? - don't tell them, it's nobody else's business!!
    Is it because your religion forbids it? - if this is truly the case then you will need to decide whether you are willing to go against it if the relationship is serious enough.
    Ask yourself how you will feel afterwards. The guy I lost my virginity with meant a lot to me, I love him still to this day and he loves and respects me so I have no regrets. If you think you'll regret it then don't do it. It's your body.

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't do it. If he is really the guy, he would wait. If you're a Muslim and you did do it...what would you tell your husband in the future if it turned out not to be this particular guy? Muslim guys are very strict on the 'virgin' status especially when it comes to marriage. A lot of Muslim girls I know who have done it admitted they regretted it as they are no longer with the guy and have to hide it from their life partner as if he knew at the time of marriage, he would have broke it off. Also it is classed as a major sin in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    DebbyDowner's response is very good, so I would think about her questions and come to a decision that way.

It can also depend on how old you are and how serious both of you are about your relationship. Do you think this is the man you will marry?

The only person I've had sex with is my boyfriend and we are committed to being together for the rest of out lives, so he is the only man I will ever sleep with, even though we have had sex before getting married. I'm pleased that I didn't lose my virginity to someone who would become meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't personally but if its upto you im muslim too so i wouldnt do it becasue what would i answer my husband in the future if its not him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.