Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At the minute I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics at AS. I know that Maths and Further Maths are generally counted as one for medicine, which is why I'm thinking of dropping further maths at AS and picking up AS biology whilst continuing with maths,chemistry and physics to A level.
    For my GCSEs I got an A* in further maths, A in maths (taken a year early), A in chemistry, A in biology, A in physics, A in history, B in geography, B in religious studies, B in french, B in English literature and a C in English language. I was really disappointed with my GCSEs as I had my heart set on becoming a doctor, and my GCSEs aren't good enough- especially the C in english language (resitting on the 3rd November) .

Do I have any shot realisitically of studying medicine at university if I get all As at AS level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_101)
    At the minute I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics at AS. I know that Maths and Further Maths are generally counted as one for medicine, which is why I'm thinking of dropping further maths at AS and picking up AS biology whilst continuing with maths,chemistry and physics to A level.
    For my GCSEs I got an A* in further maths, A in maths (taken a year early), A in chemistry, A in biology, A in physics, A in history, B in geography, B in religious studies, B in french, B in English literature and a C in English language. I was really disappointed with my GCSEs as I had my heart set on becoming a doctor, and my GCSEs aren't good enough- especially the C in english language (resitting on the 3rd November) .

Do I have any shot realisitically of studying medicine at university if I get all As at AS level?
    Yep, sounds like you've got the right ideas and are making the right plans :yy: Your GCSEs are fine btw, especially if you get a B or above in English language.

ReputationRep:
    You can still do medicine without a level biology
    Most medical Univeristies allow this, just check before you apply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.