Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anybody else think I need to get a life? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am 23 years old, and ever since I turned 19 I have changed. Prior to that, I used to be socially outgoing (go clubbing, get drunk, have a laugh etc) life was good. I got a job as a carer and moved out into my own place - so that took my time up, therefore that is when I stopped going out.

I studied an Access course as well which took my time and now I am at university which all I ever do in my life is go to work/university/study. In my spare time, I just watch movies or bake cakes or see my dad. I literally have no social life except for one-two friends I see every now and again but I mainly talk to them on WhatsApp, and my boyfriend whom I live with.

I seem too mature and if anybody invites me out and it's anywhere near a rough area or an area where you would usually go out clubbing (get drunk at bars then go on the pub crawl) I don't go. I am more of a person who likes to dine maturely in an isolated place (like a normal pub or restaurant).

Does anybody else think that I need to get out more? Everyone must think I am such a saddo. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly92xo)
    I am 23 years old, and ever since I turned 19 I have changed. Prior to that, I used to be socially outgoing (go clubbing, get drunk, have a laugh etc) life was good. I got a job as a carer and moved out into my own place - so that took my time up, therefore that is when I stopped going out.

I studied an Access course as well which took my time and now I am at university which all I ever do in my life is go to work/university/study. In my spare time, I just watch movies or bake cakes or see my dad. I literally have no social life except for one-two friends I see every now and again but I mainly talk to them on WhatsApp, and my boyfriend whom I live with.

I seem too mature and if anybody invites me out and it's anywhere near a rough area or an area where you would usually go out clubbing (get drunk at bars then go on the pub crawl) I don't go. I am more of a person who likes to dine maturely in an isolated place (like a normal pub or restaurant).

Does anybody else think that I need to get out more? Everyone must think I am such a saddo. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you aren't a saddo, and if you feel like you should get out more then do so (and vise versa). Stop caring about what others think, and focus on what you genuinely feel like doing.

I'm pretty much the same, but I don't go out since I really cba to.

ReputationRep:
    If you're happy with your life OP don't change a thing. Seriously, don't live the way you think other people want you to. Their opinions of you are just a drop in the ocean.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So what if clubbing/getting drunk isn't your thing? That doesn't make you a "saddo".

You do what makes you happy. Simple

ReputationRep:
    Sounds similar to my situation, and no you aren't sad you just have different tastes to what you would find entertaining or what constituted a good time to others. Personally I have never really understood the need the drinking or clubbing culture. Just do what you like whether it be chilling at home on the sofa or dinning out with friends/ family etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.