Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to take an A Level in Geography (+ Physics and French) as self study with private tutoring I think. I'd love to do these within a year but I realise that would be extremely challenging with having a full time job.

Where do I find the right tutors and will I hindered by not being in a group where they would also conduct practical elements in their subjects?

Any advice on particular exam boards? Is it worth getting hung up on this? Do particular exam boards have better text books out there?

Is 5 hours per subject per week a realistic amount of work/studying to achieve a good grade? I'm after a minimum of BBC.

Many thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel Geography is what I did and is pretty easy. Three of the four papers are super easy in my opinion. As for workload... At sixth form I had 6 hours of lesson per week and then countless hours of my own revision on top of that.

No idea where to find the right tutors, however

ReputationRep:
    Are you 100% sure geography edexcel doesn't require fieldwork?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    Are you 100% sure geography edexcel doesn't require fieldwork?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    100%. I went on fieldwork for mine but it wasn't necessary at all. Good research is all that is required

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dave, Maggie

Many thanks and I'll take your insights on board.

Best,

Luke

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.