Turn on thread page Beta

Best ab exercises? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What are the best non weighted ab exercises that don't require any equipment but are still effective in getting lean and cut abs. I do have a bit of fat covering my abs so I know I will have to do some cardio to get rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    planks, sit ups, crunches (bicycle ones are my fave, feel the burn!)

ReputationRep:
    Deadlift or Squat!!!

Srsly though....
    Deadlift or Squat!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0range)
    Deadlift or Squat!!!

Srsly though....
    Deadlift or Squat!!!
    I do both but I haven't found them effective for my abs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samii123)
    I do both but I haven't found them effective for my abs.
    Really? That's all I actually use for my abs. I hate doing abs. Have you checked your form on them/ tried going heavier?

ReputationRep:
    What are the best non weighted ab exercises that don't require any equipment but are still effective in getting lean and cut abs. I do have a bit of fat covering my abs so I know I will have to do some cardio to get rid of it.
    This worked for me (and other)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0range)
    Really? That's all I actually use for my abs. I hate doing abs. Have you checked your form on them/ tried going heavier?
    Never had problems with form and I always go heavy and do reps between 6-8

ReputationRep:
    Laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    This worked for me (and other)

I'll give this a go but are there any rest periods in between exercises because that seems like an awful lot to do without any rests.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  CJ0GMFuWUAA4-iW.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  51.3 KB

click on picture to enlarge
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Do some tricking

ReputationRep:
    Planks, squats, deadlifts and hanging leg raises

ReputationRep:
    I'll give this a go but are there any rest periods in between exercises because that seems like an awful lot to do without any rests.
    You don't have to follow the video: you have to decide all that yourself. When I used to do Thai kickboxing they'd make us do a set of 5 different exercise (20 reps each) before rest (for only 30 secs), and repeat until we completed 3 sets and rest for a minute and repeat.

Don't overdo it though

ReputationRep:
    Planks. Planks everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Leg raisers? i dont have a clue lol. Although make sure your body fat is low , other wise your abs will never see the day of light regardless of their density , size etc

ReputationRep:
    Never had problems with form and I always go heavy and do reps between 6-8
    Hmm, define 'heavy'

ReputationRep:
    Situps are one of the best, also if you have a pullup bar, do crunches this can really help your abs define

ReputationRep:
    Core giant set as follows::

On the floor on your back:

15 leg raises (legs straight)
    15 leg crossovers (about 45 degrees off the floor cross your feet over each other)
    25 bicycle curls
    15 sit ups

rest and repeat 3 times.

if you want to make it harder you can get weights that strap around your ankles always fun!

ReputationRep:
    No exercise gives you "lean and cut abs". Being under 15% body fat does. If you want bigger/stronger abs get your basic lifts stronger.

ReputationRep:
    Under 15% body fat for a man is normal, under 15% for a woman is dangerous

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.