Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    According to urban dictionary

A thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large
    But I don't think the definition applies exclusively to "thugs".

I am not sure what the exact definition is or whether it is about money or possessions or jobs or women (/men? - can you have a female baller?) or looks or attitude or what really...

I think when something is baller, it is just much better than other things. And if you have enough baller things, then you are a baller yourself.

eg...

A Rolex Daytona is a baller watch. Because is a better version of a Omega Speedmaster

A BMW M4 is a baller version of the standard 4 series.

Christ Church, Oxford is a baller example of an Oxford college because its way better than, say, Somerville (nothing against Somerville, some of those girls are quite hot).

SW3 is a baller postcode to live in (so is W8 but just not as much.

What is your definition of a baller?

I would say... net worth over £10m, must have a Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren or Rolls (no finance), must have an attractive girlfriend/wife and must have a property worth £5m in a big global city like London or LA.

ReputationRep:
    Vixen47.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, but it reminded me of this.

ReputationRep:
    One must drive a Volkswagen Passat to be a true baller.

The Volkswagen Passat is the suavest, most sophisticated Saloon that the world has to offer. Its lengthly wheelbase, sturdy steel body and good looks make it an elegant and head turning offering to any saloon enthusiast. Turning up to a social occasion in this fine motor will be sure to get people talking, and you will have gained the instant respect of your rivals and females before you have even exited the vehicle. It has room for an entourage, even an expanding one. If one desires female company then no girl will be able to resist when this luxurious elegantly styled saloon pulls up next to her and offers her a ride.

Legend has it that owning a Passat makes you 100 times more likely to be respected whereas owning a French motor makes you 100% less likely to be respected. Not only will the Passat give you the best drive of your life it will also open up doors for you. According to the latest statistics acquired from the University of Ballers, 100% of Passat drivers attend a RG University and 90% of them go into jobs with a 6 figure salary or more
    . You can't argue against facts. The Passat is such a sophisticated yet powerful motor that some claim if Jesus were alive today he'd drive one. It is hard to disagree. What better way to travel to carry out your next curing of the ill than to cruise to Bethlehem or Nazareth in a luxurious VW Passat? There is no better way. It's that simple.

The last word is luxury, it will inspire jealousy and admiration (in that order) from ones neighbours. The addition of this Saloon on the drive will increase house prices by 10% in the neighbourhood. The lower classes and those in menial occupations will recognise their place in society and bow their heads in the direction of this truly aspirational saloon as you drive past. Its wide thick tyres, low centre of gravity and powerful engine make this vehicle ideally suited to late night street racing on the M25, offering a turn of pace that other motorists simply can not hope to match.

Even comes with enough space for your wife's shopping. This is the car to show that you made it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I don't know, but it reminded me of this.

Had that on repeat the whole of yesterday lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dech)
    Had that on repeat the whole of yesterday lmao
    It is such a great song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr JB)
    x
    Hmm, I guess you could call that a baller car in the mid-tier family saloon category?

ReputationRep:
    You.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Hmm, I guess you could call that a baller car in the mid-tier family saloon category?
    In the 'I made it as a true baller' category.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    You.
    Im no where near baller status Its my ambition in life though.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.