Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

When do you go to bed? When you're tired? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When do people go to bed? Normally I'll go anytime between 10 and 1am on a usual night. Earlier if I'm in early for work and later if I'm on a finish. However one thing that helps determine it is that when I feel tired I will go to bed. If I yawn more than once that is probably a signal to go.

Something that really bugs me is that members of my family will state 'Oh, I'm tired and going to go to bed soon'...two hours of yawning later...'I'm going to go to bed'. It really winds me up that they keep yawning. Sometimes it's every few minutes. Is there any worse sound than continuous yawning?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah that's the idea :lol:

So on weekdays I get up at 6am (for a run before work), but I still go to bed around midnight (by which time I'm tired anyway).

On weekends I don't do any running so I sometimes stay up till around 1 ish.

It helps that I can make do with 5-6 hours sleep and still look normal, and I don't need more than 8 hours

ReputationRep:
    I don't sleep. I wait

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time, I go to bed at 2-3 am and get up 9 am for work.

*yawns* *yawns* *yawns* *yawns* *yawns* *yawns* *yawns* *yawns* *yawns* How about that?

ReputationRep:
    around 4 - 5am lol even on school days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    So you have about 21 hours of sleep a week? Yeah I don't buy that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jawline?)
    So you have about 21 hours of sleep a week? Yeah I don't buy that lol
    not every day of the week lol

ReputationRep:
    Around 2am - 3am, it's been years since I went to bed before 12, except for last week I went to bed at 1pm due to not having been to bed the night before...

ReputationRep:
    When I'm finished contemplating my life
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    When I'm finished contemplating my life
    I go to bed when I'm tired, then I go to sleep when I've finished thinking about stuff a few hours later :lol:

"Head in contact with pillow? Great, it's brainstorming time!" ~My brain.

ReputationRep:
    4am-5am

ReputationRep:
    Most days around 2ish. But the yawning usually sets in waaaaay before that. I don't know why I don't sleep earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I go to bed when I'm tired, then I go to sleep when I've finished thinking about stuff a few hours later :lol:

"Head in contact with pillow? Great, it's brainstorming time!" ~My brain.
    Exactly:rofl: Being born with an overactive mind that never shuts up is a curse
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Exactly:rofl: Being born with an overactive mind that never shuts up is a curse
    Once in a while I come up with an amazing idea amongst all the madness which I guess makes it worth the insanity sometimes :lol: but overall I wish it came with a timer that'd switch it off for 8 hours when activated

ReputationRep:
    I tend to sleep when my eyes are closed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    You and me .. We Are The Masters Of The Early Morning ! :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    Count Dracula bit me; I'm not sure when I'm going to sleep.

(Original post by Count Dracula)
    Bit bit bit.
    Ain't that right County?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    When do people go to bed? Normally I'll go anytime between 10 and 1am on a usual night. Earlier if I'm in early for work and later if I'm on a finish. However one thing that helps determine it is that when I feel tired I will go to bed. If I yawn more than once that is probably a signal to go.

Something that really bugs me is that members of my family will state 'Oh, I'm tired and going to go to bed soon'...two hours of yawning later...'I'm going to go to bed'. It really winds me up that they keep yawning. Sometimes it's every few minutes. Is there any worse sound than continuous yawning?
    between 12 and 2. but i end up falling ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vlad83)
    you and me .. We are the masters of the early morning ! :banana2:
    high five

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.