Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I currently study Business Management at Greenwich University, and I'm starting to think I want a change in location. I live reasonably close to the campus and I thought it would be convenient for me to commute everyday from home but in the early mornings it takes over 2 hours when it only is a 30 minute drive.

I want to get a transfer to Kent University but I'm not sure how to go about it or even if it is possible. I understand they do not offer Business Mangement at Kent but would it be possible to move sideways and change to another business related course.
    I would also want to get student accommodation on campus there.

Would it be possible for me to get a transfer after Christmas, for when term
    2 starts? For me to sort out accommodation etc. If so how will I go about it?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeMahoney)
    Hi, I currently study Business Management at Greenwich University, and I'm starting to think I want a change in location. I live reasonably close to the campus and I thought it would be convenient for me to commute everyday from home but in the early mornings it takes over 2 hours when it only is a 30 minute drive.

I want to get a transfer to Kent University but I'm not sure how to go about it or even if it is possible. I understand they do not offer Business Mangement at Kent but would it be possible to move sideways and change to another business related course.

Thanks.
    You won't be able to transfer mid-year. You'll be part-way through assessments and prep for exams.

Whether you would be able to transfer after passing your first year, would be entirely up to Kent. You need to find a course there where the first year content matches your current first year modules as closely as possible. The first year is a preparation for the rest of your course - if the two first years don't match, then you will need to start a new degree from scratch. The good news is that (as long as you haven't done any uni- level study before), you will have enough Student Finance left to cover a full three years if you end up doing that.

I would advise firstly, finding a degree at Kent that a) matches your current one and b) you want to do. Then contact Kent's Admissions Office and ask about transferring. Don't bother worrying about things like accommodation until you've found out whether a transfer is feasible

Also, be realistic. If you don't meet the published entry requirements for the Kent degree, then *if* they will consider you, you may be given an offer conditional on your first year result where you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeMahoney)

Thanks.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1781424

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.