Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tony Blair says sorry for Iraq war and the rise of ISIS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tony Blair says sorry for Iraq war and the rise of ISIS

About time?

Too late since we have an armed militia, millions of refugees flooding into Europe, Billions spent, millions of innocent people killed/injured

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly what he said. Only apolagising for the intelligence being wrong. Still nice to see some contrition.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Are we really to believe a half-baked apology of a consistent liar, who played a key role in destroying lives/countries

I hope he gets his comeuppance..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    Are we really to believe a half-baked apology of a consistent liar, who played a key role in destroying lives/countries

I hope he gets his comeuppance..
    Should be put on trial!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeptical_john)
    Not exactly what he said. Only apolagising for the intelligence being wrong. Still nice to see some contrition.
    I am yet to find a credible source tbh. I will not go near the daily mail.

ReputationRep:
    In the end, a clash between Islamism and Western values was always waiting to happen in this increasingly connected world, but Blair sure did make it happen far sooner and more brutally than it should have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    In the end, a clash between Islamism and Western values was always waiting to happen in this increasingly connected world, but Blair sure did make it happen far sooner and more brutally than it should have.
    Not really, i never seen that occurring. Before that tensions in the west were relatively low. Let's be honest it was all about oil and power. Bin Laden was sitting pretty in Pakistan.

Now we have A LOT of unintended consequences to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Not really, i never seen that occurring. Before that tensions in the west were relatively low. Let's be honest it was all about oil and power. Bin Laden was sitting pretty in Pakistan.

Now we have A LOT of unintended consequences to deal with.
    I wouldn't say that planes plowing into the world trade center were a sign of tensions being "low". Regardless, culture clashes are inevitable as they become more and more connected. I can now speak to someone in the Middle East more easily than someone in Cornwall could speak to someone in Devon a couple centuries back. And given the massive contrasts in values between the Middle-Easterns and the Western Europeans, it's really only surprising that things didn't become violent more quickly.

ReputationRep:
    :O ooooOOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that planes plowing into the world trade center were a sign of tensions being "low". Regardless, culture clashes are inevitable as they become more and more connected. I can now speak to someone in the Middle East more easily than someone in Cornwall could speak to someone in Devon a couple centuries back. And given the massive contrasts in values between the Middle-Easterns and the Western Europeans, it's really only surprising that things didn't become violent more quickly.
    The actions of a few idiots represent a billion people now? come on. The declining influence of Christianity played a part.

ReputationRep:
    Apology accepted let's all move on now.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe when Obama said the USA underestimated ISIS then you are dumb

ReputationRep:
    The actions of a few idiots represent a billion people now? come on.
    I'm not saying that everyone in the middle east was involved in the tension between the area and the west, but there was still tension. No doubt that Blair made it a whole lot worse.

The declining influence of Christianity played a part.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying that everyone in the middle east was involved in the tension between the area and the west, but there was still tension. No doubt that Blair made it a whole lot worse.

What?
    Was no tension was artificially created through the media. In order to meet their goals. Wouldn't of occurred if people still went to Church.

ReputationRep:
    Was no tension was artificially created through the media. In order to meet their goals. Wouldn't of occurred if people still went to Church.
    Oh so you think 9/11 was a conspiracy, and that hatred of the West is justified because we're all heathens now.

ReputationRep:
    Oh so you think 9/11 was a conspiracy, and that hatred of the West is justified because we're all heathens now.
    As soon as they stopped visiting church the wars started. Then they lost the wars and left the place in tatters.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as they stopped visiting church the wars started. Then they lost the wars and left the place in tatters.
    Are you trolling?

ReputationRep:
    Blair has served as a fantastic recruiting sergeant for Islamist groups.

ReputationRep:
    Heard of the Crusades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    Heard of the Crusades?
    Of course but Christianity grew out of that. It's only when they stop going church and become full of hate and driven by profit incentive, do we see this mess unfold.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.