Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dislike some of my flat mates and being left out watch

Announcements

I'm a first year at uni and living in halls. I got put in a flat of 6 girls even though none of us asked for single sex.

I've made friends with 2 of my flatmates and get on reasonably well with another, but the other 2 seem to be isolating me and it's making me feel really unwelcome in my own flat.

One of them is very loud and seems to be the one who mainly arranges flat nights out and never seems to invite me, I have to hear about it from the others by which time tickets are often sold out.

The other is quite quiet but I always make an effort to say hi to her and have polite conversation yet she's always really off with me.

It's making me feel really down especially as I see other flats getting in so well and I'm not even friends with most my flat.

Theres no way I want to live with most of them next year therefore I have no idea who I'd live with as most people seem to usually move in with their current flatmates.

I've got to know two flats of guys through my friend and end up hanging out with them most evenings now which means I get to have a laugh and have fun at least but I'm not really that close to any of them yet, and I guess cus I mainly hang out with guys the social dynamic is a bit different

ReputationRep:
    All part of the rich tapestry of uni experience. You learn to deal with suboptimal situations. Give it time to find things that work and options for your next accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    1) You could try arranging nights out with the flat mates you actually friends with.
    2) Maybe try suggesting to join them when they do pre drinks, and see where the night takes you afterwards.
    3) I also found that bringing friends along from other areas, like your degree course or from a society, can help because you can all go out together in much larger groups/ joins in with pres together and look more "popular" when heading to da clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyunrequitedLove)
    1) You could try arranging nights out with the flat mates you actually friends with.
    2) Maybe try suggesting to join them when they do pre drinks, and see where the night takes you afterwards.
    3) I also found that bringing friends along from other areas, like your degree course or from a society, can help because you can all go out together in much larger groups/ joins in with pres together and look more "popular" when heading to da clubs.
    Da clubs? Really?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.