Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Haven't been to any socials since starting uni watch

Announcements

As I got in through clearing, I booked my accommodation last minute so ended up in a flat with one other girl, an international student. Her English is really good, so that's not problem, and she makes small talk if we're both in the kitchen, but she always eats in her room. I've been days without seeing her, despite the fact she's here. As she's not a first year student, she already has her own friends and goes out with them a lot.
    I've exchanged numbers with others on my course, however most commute to uni so aren't there over the weekend. I have four days off a week, and am so bored. All I do is study, do a food shop and go to the gym. None of the clubs or socs appeal to me either. I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Why dont the societies appeal to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by diggy)
    Why dont the societies appeal to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They just don't - nothing interesting about any of them I guess

No-one..?

ReputationRep:
    Just fk bishes get money

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had a very similar situation to you about societies. I didnt really do clubbing or getting "hammered", I am not a sporty person so none of the sports societies intereted me. Same goes for the religious societies, and then the ones left are pretty crap aswell! Atm there are no societies I attend, but going to see if my Uni has a place where people just play football during breaks/lunch. Otherwise Uni is kinda boring: wake up, go uni, work there, go home, work/games/eat go to sleep repeat all week.

(Original post by Mumford & Dragons)
    I had a very similar situation to you about societies. I didnt really do clubbing or getting "hammered", I am not a sporty person so none of the sports societies intereted me. Same goes for the religious societies, and then the ones left are pretty crap aswell! Atm there are no societies I attend, but going to see if my Uni has a place where people just play football during breaks/lunch. Otherwise Uni is kinda boring: wake up, go uni, work there, go home, work/games/eat go to sleep repeat all week.
    I'm not a clubber or a sporty person either so it's hard. Thinking of starting a semi-intensive driving course to fill up the time, even if that is only covering up the problem. Thanks for the reply.
    I'm a girl btw - if that helps anyone else come up with ideas...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There's not a single society that at least piques your interest? Nothing that matches with any hobbies of yours etc.? Or anything you've always wanted to do but haven't been able to until now?

ReputationRep:
    What sort of **** uni do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by llacerta)
    There's not a single society that at least piques your interest? Nothing that matches with any hobbies of yours etc.? Or anything you've always wanted to do but haven't been able to until now?
    In all fairness I only went to the freshers fair and didn't have a look on the uni website. I have joined 2 now and will go next week. Feeling a bit nervous though as I don't know anyone else and fear everyone there knows each-other already. Need to stay positive though I guess :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.