Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Big 4 Starting Salary? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone knew what one could expect as a starting salary with one of the big 4 (PWC, KPMG, Deloitte, Ernst & Young) outside of London. I don't have a specific field in mind.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    Really? That's it? I was under the impression it would be between 20k and 30k
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Closer to £20k at the start of a training contract, I think

ReputationRep:
    It varies a lot from city to city. At Deloitte, audit graduates working in regional offices will start on between £17k-£24 - how much depends on where you work!

ReputationRep:
    PwC / Deloitte start on £28k in london. Regions is slightly less.

ReputationRep:
    PwC starting salary in southern regional offices is ~ 24k for audit. Slightly more for tax I believe, still more for TS and again an increase for CF, which I believe is around the 30ish mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redeyejedi)
    PwC starting salary in southern regional offices is ~ 24k for audit. Slightly more for tax I believe, still more for TS and again an increase for CF, which I believe is around the 30ish mark.
    What is TS and CF?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterParadox)
    What is TS and CF?
    Transaction Services/Support and Corporate Finance, I think

ReputationRep:
    Damn the starting salaries are well low

ReputationRep:
    yeah ..

ReputationRep:
    lol..

and you'll be working very hard for it..

ReputationRep:
    even a back office job will pay more tho maybe the work wont be as interesting it all comes down to what you want out of a job. However long term you can earn alot, my uncle was at pwc audit and after about 5/6 yrs he was team leader and on around 45k outside london. But banking and accounting are different professions. I think even working for glaxosmithkline, proctor and gamble, shell etc in their business advisory depts pay a tad more.

ReputationRep:
    i think you'll struggle to earn more than what the big 4 are offering you as a trainee, at least outside of london as a graduate with no experience. the pay is well above average anyway, which i think for a graduate is about 17k. my offer letter (last october) said 20k for audit at kpmg (birmingham) but i think its had an annual increase since then and will be due another shortly after i start.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in London, and I think they tend to offer about 2-5k more than non-London locations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyhound02)
    I'm starting in London, and I think they tend to offer about 2-5k more than non-London locations.
    I see another Bloc Party fan! Wohoo! :P

ReputationRep:
    around 20k in Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    I start on £23,500 in Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    how does it vary with the different divisions, ie how does advisory compare to tax and audit?

ReputationRep:
    19.5k in Leeds for PwC for tax, which is pretty crap I think, but oh well. Audit earn slightly less.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.