Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We have an assignment to write a full account of the structure and bonding found in the substances below:
    Aluminium Chloride
    Steel (an alloy)
    Nylon-6,6

Hints
    You should, wherever possible, include relevant, hand drawn, labelled diagrams. These could be dot and cross diagrams and/or structural formulae diagrams showing covalent bonds as dashed lines.

You must name the type/s of bonding present e.g. ionic, hydrogen etc.

You should describe the forces present.

You should also give an account of the physical properties of these substances.

I've found some interesting information about Aluminium Chloride on http://www.chemguide.co.uk/atoms/bonding/dative.html which I intend to put into my own words once I have fully digested and understood it.

I'm stumped on Steel (I presume this is a mixture of carbon and iron but in what ratio?)

Nylon-6,6 I have found some information online.

What I'm really stumped on is how to present all of the information, this is our first assignment and I obviously want to do well but don't want to just copy and paste a ton of information as that's of benefit to nobody.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.