Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

vetsim July 2004 u going? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here going to vetsim this year? I am! If you are let me know I'd love to natter before so I'm not a complete loner when I arrive xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisx)
    Anyone here going to vetsim this year? I am! If you are let me know I'd love to natter before so I'm not a complete loner when I arrive xxx
    well, im not, but mosst people are there on their own! i know a friend made lots of friends there, who she bumped into at various interviews and stuff. one girl, ironically called tabby(!) she met, we saw at the cam day for people with offers. so dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    aint going to vetsim but i am going to medsim. Do you to get to some work experience abroad with vetsim? we do with medsim, we get to go to prague in august. should be good.

ReputationRep:
    Nah you don't need to go abroad to do ward rounds as vets - we can do um right here in the UK easy as pie. Well easier than trying to ward rounds with dr's in hospitals anyway.

You should try the website n notice board for vetsim - it's gone a bit quiet recently but it's worth the try to see if anybody else is on there looking for people to talk to:
    http://www.workshop-uk.com/vet%20sit...vethomeSET.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisx)
    How did you apply for it? Also what are the age limits, and what are you going to be doing there? (sorry for all the questions, I'm v interested in oging on one of these courses but don't know much about them!)
    Hope you enjoy it!
    Fi xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Fi,

I'll just go nosey to find the web addy for you, its in a couple of weeks time but as of last month there was still places available. Its for 16+ interested in going to vet school, as far as I'm aware there is no upper age limit (i'm 21 btw) they just ask that you aware you'll be surrounded by 16-18yr olds whilst there.

xxx

ReputationRep:

Theres 2 residentials, 1 is Vetsix (Dec) 1 is Vetsim (Jul)

Hope this is of interest xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisx)

Theres 2 residentials, 1 is Vetsix (Dec) 1 is Vetsim (Jul)

Hope this is of interest xxx
    Lis,
    Thanks for that, you're a star! As I'm not going to be 16 until august (baby of my year group!), I guess I wont be going to the July one, but I'll definatly look into other ones. Read some of your other posts - just want to say good luck to you, I really hope you get a place, sounds like you deserve one!
    Also any advice on getting into universities, work experience and extra curriculer activities etc that you can pass on would be greatly appreciated
    Thank You!!!
    Fi xx

ReputationRep:
    They *might* take year 11 students, best bet is to ring them or email. Its aimed at yrs 12-13 but if you ask nicely they might let you go this year, xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im goin to Vetsim 'o4, but none of my "friends" are, so im gonna pretty much be a loner, anyone else goin that wants to say hi and meet a kookie gal like me?

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] email me :-) I'm going on my own too. Am excited yet dead nervous!!!! lol, xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR P. ENIS)
    aint going to vetsim but i am going to medsim. Do you to get to some work experience abroad with vetsim? we do with medsim, we get to go to prague in august. should be good.
    Yeh I'm going to medsim, but not vetsim

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.