Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    i didnt bother to revise for my actual exams untill they were a month away. It's better to continually revise the topics tho , so i'd suggest revising for mocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyhutton)
    just wondering, i'm not sure whether i should see what i don't know by not revising or get my revision techniques down

my mocks are in two weeks and my exams are in may-june
    Revise for any exams in your last year at secondary school, no matter what it is, trust me Learn from my mistakes

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother, enjoy it whilst you can.

ReputationRep:
    just wondering, i'm not sure whether i should see what i don't know by not revising or get my revision techniques down

If you revise properly for the mocks then you can reduce your workload later and possibly increase your confidence if you do well which is always helpful for reducing stress + the risk of panicking in the real exam.

ReputationRep:
    Make revision a habit rather than do it every now and again. Makes revision easier.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, do

ReputationRep:
    if you wanna apply for a sixth form or college i suggest you revise hard because they'll most likely ask for your mock grades because you're going to be applying before your actual exams, and you don't want to give them U's

ReputationRep:

Yes, it will make revision in the summer much easier

ReputationRep:
    Yes your sixth form may want to know your mock grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    Yes your sixth form may want to know your mock grades
    I got all Es and basically everyone in my year did in our mocks, I along with many of my friends got into 6th form

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Revise the general topic areas that will be in the mock, but don't worry too much about exam techniques. I tend to save previous exam papers for the proper exams, but if you want to go through past papers go for the earlier years so that you save the latest ones for when it actually counts.

School put far too much emphasis on mocks in my opinion.

Edit: some of the others make a good point. If you are applying to sixth form, the sixth form would probably want the mock grades due to this aforementioned great emphasis on mocks, so try and do well but make sure it isn't at the expense of actual exams/coursework.

ReputationRep:
    you should be revising anyway

ReputationRep:
    You're best off making sure you understand everything now, and making revision material for your real exams. Maybe do a past paper or two, but knowing the content is more important than exam tech for now

ReputationRep:
    Mocks are a great way to make certain of your revision techniques so if they are not up to scratch then you can brush up on them in time for your real exams
    Really they are needed so you can make personal goals on what you need to revise on X

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You'll thank yourself you did when the real ones come up

ReputationRep:

I didnt personally because i wanted to see where i was before revision so that i knew exactly what i needed to revise that i didnt know off the top of my head rather than getting things right on the mocks and then having to figure out what i only knew due to revision and would forget

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want to go elsewhere to do 6th form then yes because they take your mock results as you have to offer before you've done the GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    If you revise for mocks and make like revision notes or flashcards you can find you if they work for you and if they do then you have more resources ready for when you need to revise for your real exams. You don't need to revise so much that you get stressed out about them as it's not worth getting stressed over yet, but it just makes your life slightly easier in May and June when it comes to the real ones. Hope this helps, good luck with your mocks!

ReputationRep:
    I would say yes, you should although prioritise the subjects you find the most difficult. Create a timetable so that you can plan out your revision. If you have lots to revise however, make notes of key dates and facts so that you have basic knowledge to build on in the exam. Good luck

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.