The Student Room Group

Stuck on c2 questions can anyone explain?

1445768128487816758411.jpg could anyone explain what part b is asking? I am really confused as to what it means by deduce the area and I don't get how u would do c and d either thanks so much
Original post by coconut64
1445768128487816758411.jpg could anyone explain what part b is asking? I am really confused as to what it means by deduce the area and I don't get how u would do c and d either thanks so much

You know that the area of a sector with radius r and angle theta is ....

and the previous question made you find theta in terms of p and r so...
Reply 2
IMAG0057.jpg
Original post by SeanFM
You know that the area of a sector with radius r and angle theta is ....

and the previous question made you find theta in terms of p and r so...
IMAG0057.jpg

I think you mean that theta = p/r.

The area of the sector is 1/2 * r^2 * theta, but you don't know what theta is, only how to work it out, which you got in part a).

Think of it like simultaneous equations - you've found an equation for theta and put it into the equation you're concerned about - which is the area of the sector.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
I think you mean that theta = p/r.

The area of the sector is 1/2 * r^2 * theta, but you don't know what theta is, only how to work it out, which you got in part a).

Think of it like simultaneous equations - you've found an equation for theta and put it into the equation you're concerned about - which is the area of the sector.

I get it now thanks but I don't know how you would do part d.
I get it now thanks but I don't know how you would do part d.

Think about how you would find the minimum value theta can be and the maximum, and then you've pretty much got the range.
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
Think about how you would find the minimum value theta can be and the maximum, and then you've pretty much got the range.

Thank you, finally got it at the end; )

Quick Reply

Latest