If i wanted to study a science access course what degree can i do at university Watch

Sunset12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If i wanted to study a science access course what degree can i do at university
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You may get more answers in the Mature Students section?

You could study anything to do with chemistry, biology or physics. I don't think you can do nursing.

I'm sure if you speak to your tutor, they can give you some guidance.
Sunset12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Where is the mature student section please?
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sunset12)
Where is the mature student section please?
The place I've just moved this to. Access courses are for people beyond the usual A level age who want to re-enter education, which sounds like you.
c.w.2015
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Health science usually contains students wanting to go into nursing, paramedics, ODP etc
Social science is usually social workers etc
Geshe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maths
Kaeden
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Access to Science: Biological Science, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Genetics, Mathematics, Optometry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Physics, Radiography, Zoology.

That's just some of them. (:
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kaeden)
Cambridge do not accept Access courses for entry to Natural Sciences, or most (if not all) of their Science related degrees.
They do in principle, but you will need one or more A Levels in addition:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ess-he-diploma

For Natural Sciences, an Access diploma must be backed up with A Level Maths for the Physical Sciences path, and it is recommended for the Biological Sciences path.

Individual colleges may have more stringent requirements, so for the sciences it may be best for mature applicants to focus on colleges with an interest in mature students.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
With an access to science course, you would be able to study any science degree as long as you took the relevant access course modules. Maths on access courses is a bit weak, so a lot of the better universities require students to sit a maths assessment test if they are applying to a maths-heavy degree (maths, physics, engineering). You can get around this by doing A levels maths alongside the access course.
Assad2015
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
With an access to science course, you would be able to study any science degree as long as you took the relevant access course modules. Maths on access courses is a bit weak, so a lot of the better universities require students to sit a maths assessment test if they are applying to a maths-heavy degree (maths, physics, engineering). You can get around this by doing A levels maths alongside the access course.
Hey i have done an IT course in college, well im currently in second year expected to get d*d*d*, they said i could apply to the odp course, i have 5 c grades and nothing science related, im kinda lost on why they are letting me apply to it, im not complaining lol just curious.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.12%
Labour (329)
42.51%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.16%
Green Party (42)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.39%
SNP (9)
1.16%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)