Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys

I hope you guys are well. Can I ask advice on A level Statistics and in particular the coursework component for AS level.

I am totally new to Maths Statistics. What are they looking for in the A level Statistics coursework component? How do I make sure that I get the highest grade?

Can you please guide as it is my first time

Many Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justice David 85)
    Hello guys

I hope you guys are well. Can I ask advice on A level Statistics and in particular the coursework component for AS level.

I am totally new to Maths Statistics. What are they looking for in the A level Statistics coursework component? How do I make sure that I get the highest grade?

Can you please guide as it is my first time

Many Thanks
    What exam board are you on? I remember that it was AQA that had a coursework element. If it is not too late then choose Edexcel as there is no coursework - only written exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Eternité)
    What exam board are you on? I remember that it was AQA that had a coursework element. If it is not too late then choose Edexcel as there is no coursework - only written exams.
    Thanks dear

I am studying A level Statistics for AQA but I could change it to Edexcel if needed.

Is it a difficult course and how difficult is it? Did you get an A?

I am trying to study 4 A levels in 6 months. Is that possible?

ReputationRep:
    Are you studying four full a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also want to do A level Statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    Are you studying four full a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I am studying 4 A levels. I am sure what two of the subjects will be: A level Critical Thinking and Religious Studies. If things go well, I will study A level Statistics. The 4th one will probably be A level Environmental Studies.

I have completed 4 A levels before - Sociology, Psychology, Law and Politics and achieved 4 A grades.

Are you studying for four A levels as well?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dear

I am studying A level Statistics for AQA but I could change it to Edexcel if needed.

Is it a difficult course and how difficult is it? Did you get an A?

I am trying to study 4 A levels in 6 months. Is that possible?
    Only Statistics? Or are you doing other modules such as Core Maths, and Mechanics with the aim of getting an A-Level in Mathematics?

How difficult something is depends on you entirely. Subscribe to this guy on YouTube for great study tips. Anything can be learned if you have the motivation, are disciplined and work hard. Of course, you will need this great man's help when studying Statistics or Mathematics in general.

In regards to your last question I don't believe it is. Especially if you mean the entire A-Level (AS & A2). But that is just my opinion. If you meant 4 AS Levels then yes, it is perfectly possible.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    As far as I'm aware Edexcel don't offer an A-level in Statistics. Ones that do are AQA and OCR MEI, and perhaps a few boards that I haven't heard of.

ReputationRep:
    Only Statistics? Or are you doing other modules such as Core Maths, and Mechanics with the aim of getting an A-Level in Mathematics?

How difficult something is depends on you entirely. Subscribe to this guy on YouTube for great study tips. Anything can be learned if you have the motivation, are disciplined and work hard.

In regards to your last question I don't believe it is. Especially if you mean the entire A-Level (AS & A2). But that is just my opinion. If you meant 4 AS Levels then yes, it is perfectly possible.
    thanks

Just to clarify, from your experience and knowledge, do you think it is possible to study for 4 A levels and achieve 4 A grades, and complete them in only 6 months (and not the traditional academic 2 years for AS/A2)?

I don't mean 4 AS levels in 6 months. I actually mean 4 full A levels (AS/A2) in
    6 months

ReputationRep:
    thanks

Just to clarify, from your experience and knowledge, do you think it is possible to study for 4 A levels and achieve 4 A grades, and complete them in only 6 months (and not the traditional academic 2 years for AS/A2)?

I don't mean 4 AS levels in 6 months. I actually mean 4 full A levels (AS/A2) in
    6 months
    No, sorry.

6 months is not enough to study, learn, remember and exam practice for 4 full A-Levels. That is unless you have no job and are studying full time (37.5 hours+ a week) and have access to tutors or teachers that can give you guidance and help you with more difficult concepts.

If you have a good learning technique then perhaps it might be possible but I would not recommend trying it.

Nevertheless, I wish good luck to you in all your endeavors.

ReputationRep:
    No, sorry.

6 months is not enough to study, learn, remember and exam practice for 4 full A-Levels. That is unless you have no job and are studying full time (37.5 hours+ a week) and have access to tutors or teachers that can give you guidance and help you with more difficult concepts.

If you have a good learning technique then perhaps it might be possible but I would not recommend trying it.

Nevertheless, I wish good luck to you in all your endeavors.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why are you doing 4 a levels if you already studied others before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    Why are you doing 4 a levels if you already studied others before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello Maggie

Well, I just want emulate Leonardo Da Vinci and replace him as the greatest polymath ever.

So the first thing I want to do is to study for the most A levels ever. It should be around 55-65 A levels. You will not understand this if you do not have the passion for self-improvement and continuous intellectual development.

I want to give this goal my greatest shot. Oh and to add to the above, I want straight As well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.