Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Computing Study Help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a learning disability and looking for tips on studying computing at uni

I am currently study Computing in my 2nd year at University and I find the subject interesting, the information the lecturer giving out is a lot and it is overloading my brain, This has not helped my learning disability which mean trying to understand what the lecturer has just said and reading the notes note-taker provided me.

If you study computing, you probably know that we have to know everything the lecturer said before the exam. Luckily on all my lectures I have a note-taker and equipment that was provided by student finance.

Last year I got very good grades as in My first year it was 100% coursework with some in class test This year i have tried to understand what the lecturer saying as I go but I am way behind

I have a Study Skill Tutor and this is what she said:"most importantly----BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!! ---the second year is harder than the first, but you can do it if you put the work in. you need to go over all the lecture notes each week and read the chapters you've been asked to read--if you do this, you'll have a much better understanding of the subjects. when we study at university it's expected that we do lots of work at home, not just in the lectures.

sometimes you may find the language they use difficult, but as you've seen from the many many times we've worked things out together, it'soften just that they use quite hard words to explain something that's really not that hard to understand."

Also I have Equipment that was provided by Student Finance DSA which helps me a lot

Hope this helps

Does anyone have tips for concentrating on computing lectures please? or does anyone have similar experience? Especially if you have a learning disability

ReputationRep:
    if you are having trouble keeping up with the pace, i'd recommend going through your lecture notes at home at your own pace. it would help if the lectures were recorded so you can watch them alongside going through your notes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.