Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody want to help me with science? Mostly Biology and Chemistry because i am failing all my sciences. I do core and additional science. Some revision tips or websites would be nice. Thank you. (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmiin)
    Does anybody want to help me with science? Mostly Biology and Chemistry because i am failing all my sciences. I do core and additional science. Some revision tips or websites would be nice. Thank you. (:
    I used to really like www.my-gcsescience.com
    also if you go on youtube and search my gcse science there is a member called that with really great videos, they were ny lifeline for chemistry at gcse

ReputationRep:
    I do the sciences with Edexcel, but I would be happy to offer any help I can give I think that a common you-tube channel people use if they do AQA science is mygcsescience, so you might want to check it out... As for revision, my advice is to use flashcards - they're brilliant for helping you to memorise key equations and definitions, ect. Other than that ... experiment. Try mind maps, you-tube, voice-recording, whatever works best for you Any particular probs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    also if you go on youtube and search my gcse science there is a member called that with really great videos, they were ny lifeline for chemistry at gcse
    lol, we've recommended the same thing at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    Thank youu, i have an account on there lol. Is there any other websites like that where you can find worksheets and answers as well?

ReputationRep:
    I always find that learning the command words (discuss, state, explain etc.) helps me so much in mock exams and CAT tests. GCSE science can be quite straightforward once you learn what the question is actually asking you for so I would not just concentrate on learning content but also check mark schemes

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...d-mark-schemes

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...st-papers.html

to see how they want you to answer the questions. They will ask you similar questions on each exam so once you learn how the exams work, it might be a lot easier for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    I do the sciences with Edexcel, but I would be happy to offer any help I can give I think that a common you-tube channel people use if they do AQA science is mygcsescience, so you might want to check it out... As for revision, my advice is to use flashcards - they're brilliant for helping you to memorise key equations and definitions, ect. Other than that ... experiment. Try mind maps, you-tube, voice-recording, whatever works best for you Any particular probs?
    Thank you so much for your tips. Do you know any other websites or youtube channels like that because that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaneeeharrisss)
    I always find that learning the command words (discuss, state, explain etc.) helps me so much in mock exams and CAT tests. GCSE science can be quite straightforward once you learn what the question is actually asking you for so I would not just concentrate on learning content but also check mark schemes

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...d-mark-schemes

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...st-papers.html

to see how they want you to answer the questions. They will ask you similar questions on each exam so once you learn how the exams work, it might be a lot easier for you
    Aw, thank you for the links, will definetly check the mark schemes out while learning the content.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your tips. Do you know any other websites or youtube channels like that because that would be great.
    Well, you're probably already familiar with it, but you could have a look at Bitesize Also, as has already been mentioned, the mark scheme is vitally important - they give you marks for things which you never thought to include in your answer, and take marks away for seemingly minor errors, so it'd definitely be worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    Well, you're probably already familiar with it, but you could have a look at Bitesize Also, as has already been mentioned, the mark scheme is vitally important - they give you marks for things which you never thought to include in your answer, and take marks away for seemingly minor errors, so it'd definitely be worth it
    The mark scheme sucks i guess but thank you so much again for your help.

ReputationRep:
    The specifications and the CGP guides were what I used!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katebeckett)
    The specifications and the CGP guides were what I used!
    Thank you for your tip (:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.