Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just asking, because being quite content to spend time alone, I have also felt at times, whilst that is a strength and blessing, that when I walk around alone a lot and others are with people, there is something really vain about it. It feels a bit dickish, vain and like you have denied something within yourself that should be sharing with others. Like you are trying to deny and vulnerability and hence then coming of as conceited and emotionally unintelligent. I also live alone and have big concerns about someone interfering with my space, even someone I really like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Just asking, because being quite content to spend time alone, I have also felt at times, whilst that is a strength and blessing, that when I walk around alone a lot and others are with people, there is something really vain about it. It feels a bit dickish, vain and like you have denied something within yourself that should be sharing with others. Like you are trying to deny and vulnerability and hence then coming of as conceited and emotionally unintelligent. I also live alone and have big concerns about someone interfering with my space, even someone I really like.
    Am I allowed to reply to this, after what you wrote on my wall or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Am I allowed to reply to this, after what you wrote on my wall or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't recall what I wrote exactly. I really wasn't trying to be rude though. But yeah, why shouldn't you reply to a thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    I don't recall what I wrote exactly. I really wasn't trying to be rude though. But yeah, why shouldn't you reply to a thread.
    I know I know was just a tad blunt. Noticed you've had no replies so I thought I'd get the ball rolling. I don't really get your point about how someone can be accused or thought of as being vain for wanting to be alone at times. So for example, if you see someone walking alone you automatically think that they are very self assured and absorbed with themselves, that they don't have the time to share it with anyone else? I don't understand how people have that mentality

ReputationRep:
    You're overthinking it. There's nothing wrong with being a loner. If you're happy with your life, then it's all rosy. You don't have to worry about how you come across as long as you're polite and civilised. Let people think what they want, do your own thing and don't worry about the rest.

ReputationRep:
    If you feel it's somewhat selfish and that you should share yourself with others, is that perhaps because even though you're a loner, you still crave a little human interaction and aren't getting it? Just an idea.

Maybe someone once called you something negative regarding being a loner and you internalised it, applied it to yourself.

I suppose it also depends on your root reasons for being a loner, are you naturally that way or maybe something happened to make you less trusting of others? Or some combination of both?

I think the self-centredness of a loner depends entirely on the person itself. There are a number of reasons to why one becomes a loner. I see myself as one because I don't get along with other people very well but I wouldn't call myself particularly self-centred or egotistical. Sometimes people become loners against their will, you know, sometimes they would really like to have friends but don't for whatever reason.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nah, it's fine. You're better off alone anyway.

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Nah, it's fine. You're better off alone anyway.
    Oh my goodness! Hello stranger! :eek:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Oh my goodness! Hello stranger! :eek:
    Hi. :erm:

Hi. :erm:
    :getmecoat:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    :getmecoat:
    Sorry, I had to check my old messages. Do you still like reps? Here...

I'm curious to know what happened in the end with your situation.

Sorry, I had to check my old messages. Do you still like reps? Here...

I'm curious to know what happened in the end with your situation.

I'm quite a lot better now and I've applied for teacher training
    How are you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.