Anyone else with Schizophrenia?

Watch
1lastchance
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 51 years ago
Has anyone else here got schizophrenia? I have been diagnosed for just over a year now. I'd like to chat with others who have schizophrenia as well, so please post in this thread.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I do
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 1lastchance)
Has anyone else here got schizophrenia? I have been diagnosed for just over a year now. I'd like to chat with others who have schizophrenia as well, so please post in this thread.
If you dont mind me asking, how does schizophrenia affect you? Dont have it but am interested.
1lastchance
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by plasmaman)
If you dont mind me asking, how does schizophrenia affect you? Dont have it but am interested.
Before I was diagnosed things were very difficult for me. I was hearing voices non-stop, was paranoid about a lot of things, always felt like I was in danger.After taking meds to sort it all out I feel much better mentally but physically I am having problems because of the meds.I find it difficult to study based on the meds, my grades have decreased, and I’ve caused my family a lot of worry and bother.
McNuggetsAhoy
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I do.

Happy to talk about anything really.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Before I was diagnosed things were very difficult for me. I was hearing voices non-stop, was paranoid about a lot of things, always felt like I was in danger.After taking meds to sort it all out I feel much better mentally but physically I am having problems because of the meds.I find it difficult to study based on the meds, my grades have decreased, and I’ve caused my family a lot of worry and bother.
How do the symptoms of the meds affect you you say you struggle physically? In what way?
Noodlzzz
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
How do the symptoms of the meds affect you you say you struggle physically? In what way?
For me:

Weight gain
Fatigue all day
Sleeping a lot
Extra saliva at night
Always hungry
jamestg
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
According to all of the online tests I have done, I have schizophrenia...

What should I do about it?...
Noodlzzz
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jamestg)
According to all of the online tests I have done, I have schizophrenia...

What should I do about it?...
Go to your GP.
preetg97
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Name:  Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 20.27.26.png
Views: 319
Size:  12.1 KB

Gosh this is an old thread
jamestg
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Go to your GP.
Surely the advice they say wouldn't be anything different to on the internet and I don't really want to waste their time on something like this when they could be spending it on someone else...
F.Nietzsche
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jamestg)
Surely the advice they say wouldn't be anything different to on the internet and I don't really want to waste their time on something like this when they could be spending it on someone else...
When you see your GP they'll probably refer you to a psychiatrist, that's if you have symptoms of schizophrenia.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
For me:

Weight gain
Fatigue all day
Sleeping a lot
Extra saliva at night
Always hungry
Aw :hugs:
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by preetg97)
Name:  Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 20.27.26.png
Views: 319
Size:  12.1 KB

Gosh this is an old thread
Probs a glitch tbh...
vis break2
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I read that 4th one as "extra salvia at night"
I was like lmao, thats the cause of your sciz's
howtobealady
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The_Internet)
Probs a glitch tbh...
lol yeah. TSR wasn't made during those times
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
For me:

Weight gain
Fatigue all day
Sleeping a lot
Extra saliva at night
Always hungry
I have all these except extra saliva. Instead I have a super dry mouth all day and night - have to carry water with me everywhere and even wake up randomly in the night desperate for a drink.

I also have a lot of difficulty with concentration and memory.
1lastchance
Rep:
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
Weight gain, diarrhoea, drowsiness, hyper salivation, brain functioning very slowly, lack of periods or very light periods (which isn't actually a bad thing!), increased appetite.
1lastchance
Rep:
(Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
I do.

Happy to talk about anything really.
Have you ever experienced thought insertion? I experience this a lot myself and would like to share experiences.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No but my dad and one of my friends does.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.51%
Okay (113)
29.05%
A bit lacking (147)
37.79%
Not good at all (92)
23.65%

Watched Threads