The Student Room Group

Widening access criteria

Am I subject to a means tested benefit if I am on a Personal Independence Payment and ESA?

Does the fact I am in hospital for a long perod of time qualify me as being looked after by a Local Authority?

Thanks
Original post by 1lastchance
Am I subject to a means tested benefit if I am on a Personal Independence Payment and ESA?

Does the fact I am in hospital for a long perod of time qualify me as being looked after by a Local Authority?

Thanks

Some types of income are taken into account in full for means-tested benefits, but others, including Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance, are completely ignored. Other types of income are disregarded in part.

Means tested benefit includes:
Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance: paid to people who are unemployed and are on a low income.

Income-related Employment
and Support Allowance: paid to people whose ability to work is limited by illness or disability and are on a low income.

Income Support: paid to people who are on a low income and under state pension age.

Pension Credit: paid as a guaranteed credit if you’re over the qualifying age and you’re on a low income, plus a savings credit for people over 65 rewarding them for saving.

You will only be able to claim one of these benefits.

You may also be able to claim these means-tested benefits:

Housing Benefit: this can help you to pay your rent if you’re on a low income.

Council Tax Benefit: this can help you to pay your Council Tax if you’re on a low income.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending