Turn on thread page Beta

Hot Date Tonight - need advice watch

Announcements

Basically I'm taking a girl to a restaurant called Rodizio Rico near Bayswater. I don't really like meat that much but she lives really close to it and hopefully afterwards we'll go back to her flat.

So my question is,

Towards the end of the meal, what things can I say to casually suggest that we go back to her place?

I usually don't say much, and hope and pray that they just say something like "your place or mine?" - but they never do . So then I say something like 'shall we get a coffee back at my flat?' - but this time, its her flat, and I don't know how to invite myself in...

go to a restaurant which serves yummy food. At least then you can say you've enjoyed the meal.

ReputationRep:
    Bring a change of clothes, accidentally spill food over yourself and ask if you can go 'change' at her house.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I invited my self to a girls house was to show her this music video.

ReputationRep:
    Walk her home right in front of her door and then try to kiss her. Rest should work out if it needs to work out. It might be a dead end do or she needs more time.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes just be blunt and tell her "can I walk you home your place is a lot closer than mine,"
    and then follow with "I don't know what you've got going on the rest of today, but what you say we kick back a while longer"?

ReputationRep:
    Is this a first date? If so, don't try at all to go back to her flat. In fact, I'd say that if this is not your first date with her but it is still a newish relationship. Girls can tell if the ultimate motive of the date is to get back to their flat so you can have sex. Big turn off for most girls (perhaps not all). Most girls want to feel that you are taking them out because you value her as a person, her personality, her intellect and hopefully you let her know you find her attractive but not just so you can have sex. Respect her, value her and in time the rest will play out but don't set out on a date just so you can head back to her flat.

ReputationRep:
    One step at a time. First she has to like you enough to want this.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a first date to me, so definitely don't go suggesting you go back to her flat. She's going to assume all you want is sex and by asking to go back it sounds it, instead, wait and see if she suggests it. By all means walk her home as its a nice thing to do, if she wants to invite you in then she will. Good luck!

Say there's something else you want to eat back at hers.

HI thanks for your replies.

Its not the first date. We went out on Friday night too. That time we met near my flat, i invited her back for coffee, she had coffee, gave me a kiss and left.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.