Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I managed to do task 1 and task 2 with ease.
    a) A primary school teacher wants a computer program to test the basic arithmetic skills of her students. The program should generate a quiz consisting of a series of random questions, using in each case any two numbers and addition, subtraction and multiplication. The system should ask the student’s name, then ask 10 questions, output if the answer to each question is correct or not and produce a final score out of 10. Create a program to meet these requirements.b) The teacher wants to keep track of the scores each member of the class obtains in the quiz. There are three classes in the school and the data should be kept separately for each class. Create a program that will record and store the data for three separate classes of students using the arithmetic quiz.c) The teacher wants to use the results from students taking these quizzes to log their performance. The system should store >the last three scores for each student. The teacher would like to be able to output the results of the quiz for a particular class, sorted: • in alphabetical order with each student’s highest score for the tests • by the highest score, highest to lowest • by the average score, highest to lowest. Create a program that will allow the teacher to select which class group to look at and which field to use when sorting the output data.
    above shows the task.
    I dont understand how you can save 3 scores attached to one student using txt files. I managed to sort alphabeticallly using the built in sorted() function however am stuck on the other two. this is confussing my WHOLE class so i assume others are in the same situation. This is very frustrating as I find writing the report very easy as I am compotent in english and predicted a/a* at iGCSE.
    ps. Yes I know my grammar and writting in this thread is atrocious .

ReputationRep:
    I am programming Task 3 right now! I have to admit its a pain in the a***, I have managed to program about 80% of Task3 but it involved sleepless nights and A LOT of stress. Luckily for me my deadline was this week friday, but my teacher did postpone it till next week. Currently have 16k words just with Task 1 + 2 and aiming for about 20-22k after Task 3 documentation and the final evaluation. I have to admit this years criteria has to be the hardest of all the years. Last year for my school it was a dice game, which to be honest, i could program within a few hours..

ReputationRep:
    Your word count seems very high I've got the most words in my class with just lest than 2000 so far are you using python ? Could you help me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jrp051)
    Your word count seems very high I've got the most words in my class with just lest than 2000 so far are you using python ? Could you help me .
    When I first ever started a computing controlled assessment (A452), I simply just wrote a few lines for each subsection and showed no signs of improvement, development nor research... However my teacher was clueless on what to do, and another teacher had marked it and i got a U. Learning from that mistake bumped it up to 16k out of nothing. Ideas just come to mind in how you can improve your work. Now my A453 is honestly top notch, and I can't deny it myself.

Yes i could give you some help, if you would like.

ReputationRep:
    Really seems odd when i wrote linger bits my teacher literally said i quote cut out the bull**** so i tried to be more precise and factual

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way I can fix a mistake? I accidentally had a typo in task 3 resulting in the program not working and I submitted it to my teacher and I can't sleep this half term, I'm literally haunted by my mistake and I don't think my teacher will let me as I've already submitted it!

ReputationRep:
    Also for my write up I wrote a total of 6000 words(of all three tasks) as I rushed to write task 3 within the time limit as I was procrastinating before which I really regret doing now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeptorSV)
    Also for my write up I wrote a total of 6000 words(of all three tasks) as I rushed to write task 3 within the time limit as I was procrastinating before which I really regret doing now
    But how did you do task 3 help!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way I can fix a mistake? I accidentally had a typo in task 3 resulting in the program not working and I submitted it to my teacher and I can't sleep this half term, I'm literally haunted by my mistake and I don't think my teacher will let me as I've already submitted it!
    I actually don't think, your teachers even check or test your programs. Code carries 10 marks out of 45 and if it works and allows you to document what you have done it's fine. They use what they get, so they look at your test, developments and research and mark you on that. They don't individually go through every code. They judge each code you put in your documentation via efficiency and other variables I forgot. You should be fine, if the code version you put in your documentation doesn't work they won't know and they will judge your documentation. Just try fix it if you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jrp051)
    But how did you do task 3 help!!!!
    Try Stackoverflow, there are many threads on each specific criteria such as average etc. I spent 3/4 researching and the rest programming! One tip make sure you add your research to your documentation as you go along! I didn't now I'm struggling to remember what I even researched 0.o

ReputationRep:
    Yeah stackoverflow is your life saver, BUT most of these people are professionals, so they will give you solutions which you will most likely not understand so I suggest you say to them to explain it fully that even a fool can understand or ask for a simpler solution.

Also don't make the same is take as me not taking enough screenshots to document what you have done, document everything you can, and pick out at least 3 to 6 of the ones you think you can fully explain but 4 to 5 is the sweat spot in my opinion.

For the testing test it to the ****ing max like that **** is worth ten marks and if you do the testing properly by testing every possible thing you can like entering a letter instead of a number for task one or nothing at all and explain what you think the outcome will be and what the actual out come was and why it matched/ did't match your expected outcome using technological words.

Oh also most of my not procrastinating time was also spent on task 3 which is why I have so few words in my write up. From going to expect a A*(for me) now I just need to at least get a C in this which I need really badly which is why I'm so worried

ReputationRep:
    Yeah stackoverflow is your life saver, BUT most of these people are professionals, so they will give you solutions which you will most likely not understand so I suggest you say to them to explain it fully that even a fool can understand or ask for a simpler solution
    You got Skype bro? I was wondering if we could help each other with A453? No cheating or plagiarising involved. We can just tell each other what we have in our documentation and give tips? It's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KryptoModz)
    You got Skype bro? I was wondering if we could help each other with A453? No cheating or plagiarising involved. We can just tell each other what we have in our documentation and give tips? It's up to you.
    Well.. I kinda already used all my time up I just have like 10 to 30 mins and this is literally what I could help you with and if you need help with anything just private message me or over here and ill try to help you as best as I could as I don't want the same disaster to happen to what happened to me.

Also im not even sure if my teacher even realises I have this much time left

ReputationRep:
    We really got the **** this year. Can't really blame ocr for this as it is a newer gcse

ReputationRep:
    Well.. I kinda already used all my time up I just have like 10 to 30 mins and this is literally what I could help you with and if you need help with anything just private message me or over here and ill try to help you as best as I could as I don't want the same disaster to happen to what happened to me.

Also im not even sure if my teacher even realises I have this much time left
    What did you get on A452?

ReputationRep:
    On the other note, don't fear so much with A453 as A452 right now is a gift from heaven like its so easy all you have to do is just experiment outside of what is already given stretching the code to the max checking for any possible limitation and wala an A* although you have to type fast as time ticks down quickly 14 tasks in 20 hours and I suggest 1 task an hour max and later on it does get difficult so you have 6 hours left to really give your self the extra help.

Also after everything you done you have to use sources to back it up and label sources like this
    Harvard Referencing
    Follow this template for your References page:
    Family name, INITIAL(S) (or company name). Year. Title. [Online]. [Date accessed]. Available from: URL

E.G

[1]Hawking, S. 2000. Professor Stephen Hawking's website. [Online]. [Accessed 9 February 2009]. Available from:http://www.hawking.org.uk/home/hindex.html

and to put this in text like this blah blah blah[1]blah blah blah

and put this in the end and dont forget table of contents and subtitle everything conclusion research etc...

ReputationRep:
    Damn it feels good to help others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KryptoModz)
    What did you get on A452?
    still doing A452 which we stared after A453 for some weird reason btw year 11 if your wondering

ReputationRep:
    still doing A452 which we stared after A453 for some weird reason btw year 11 if your wondering
    Looks like your doing a different A452 to us - We did on about LMC and Python.

Also how does you school manage the time of the students? Any specific software or tools they use?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you sort the scores in task 3 but I'm very confused on how to store multiple scores under the same name the way I tired just displayed them in the order they were entered in didnt sort them again if that makes sense.The only help ive been given is use txt files yes I know that I can read and write but what format and how. I've searched stack overflow and didn't help me . I know to use the sorted function in python that is a lifesaver. Im so confused everywhere else I've seen online has said they've written loads our teacher told us to keep it brief isn't it your teacher that marks it though?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.