Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Just thought I'd make a thread for Classics Applicants for 2016 entry because i can't seem to find another one (correct me if I'm wrong). Any other hopeful classicists out there?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there - I'm in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Look,Yes,But,See)
    Hi there - I'm in!
    Hey again!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've applied for classics too

ReputationRep:
    What offers has everyone got?

I have Kings and Warwick but not heard from UCL - my first choice, not sure if that is a bad sign - lots of Chemists and Economists seems to have offers... :tux:

I understood the Oxford test was hard - I guess that just stretches out the field rather than being a bad thing, assuming everyone thought it was hard... Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What offers has everyone got?

I have Kings and Warwick but not heard from UCL - my first choice, not sure if that is a bad sign - lots of Chemists and Economists seems to have offers... :tux:

I understood the Oxford test was hard - I guess that just stretches out the field rather than being a bad thing, assuming everyone thought it was hard... Good luck!
    Hey I've only got Exeter, and I haven't heard from UCL either yeah it was so difficult!

ReputationRep:
    Hey fellow classicists! I have offers from Kings, Exeter and Nottingham. Just waiting for Durham and Cambridge (yikes!)

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys! I'm going to apply for St Andrews, Glasgow, Reading, Royal Holloway and Kings -according to my careers advisor these are "unconventional choices" but oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riverstar)
    Hello guys! I'm going to apply for St Andrews, Glasgow, Reading, Royal Holloway and Kings -according to my careers advisor these are "unconventional choices" but oh well
    Sounds brilliant! :pingu:

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've applied to St Andrews, Newcastle, Kings, Durham and Cambridge. So far, I've got an offer from Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied at Exeter how long did it take you guys to get replies? And what conditions did you get, aswell as grades last year?
    I really want to go there, but I dunno if they'll accept me or not

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have also applied for Classics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhi_el)
    Hello, I have also applied for Classics
    Great - where have you applied?:pingu:

ReputationRep:
    Great - where have you applied?:pingu:
    Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Exeter and Durham. You?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Exeter and Durham. You?
    UCL first choice, then Durham, Warwick (offer), Exeter and KCL (offer).

It looks like quite a few people are getting offers from UCL (in other subjects), hope that's not a bad sign.

:tux:

ReputationRep:
    UCL first choice, then Durham, Warwick (offer), Exeter and KCL (offer).

It looks like quite a few people are getting offers from UCL (in other subjects), hope that's not a bad sign.

:tux:
    Ah, I am sure it isn't... They do different subjects at totally different times so I wouldn't worry! I only have an offer from Exeter so far

ReputationRep:
    Hey all
    Have legitimately no clue what to do for uni, since applying and then backing out from Cambridge this year.
    Was considering a gap year to get my Latin back up to standard, since I did used to love doing Latin at GCSE.
    Does anyone have any advice? I know it's not really directly applying but still ^^
    (I'm predicted A*AA if that helps at all ^^)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyRees)
    Hey all
    Have legitimately no clue what to do for uni, since applying and then backing out from Cambridge this year.
    Was considering a gap year to get my Latin back up to standard, since I did used to love doing Latin at GCSE.
    Does anyone have any advice? I know it's not really directly applying but still ^^
    (I'm predicted A*AA if that helps at all ^^)
    Had you applied for Classics?

ReputationRep:
    Had you applied for Classics?
    I had, but backed out before I even sent off my application. I was aiming for the 4-year Classics course since I don't do A Level Latin/Greek.

At this point I'm debating applying this year at all - just can't make my mind up, I don't feel passionate about anything enough to do it for 3/4 more years.
    Well, except Latin, but my Sixth Form didn't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyRees)
    I had, but backed out before I even sent off my application. I was aiming for the 4-year Classics course since I don't do A Level Latin/Greek.

At this point I'm debating applying this year at all - just can't make my mind up, I don't feel passionate about anything enough to do it for 3/4 more years.
    Well, except Latin, but my Sixth Form didn't do it.
    If your school doesn't offer Latin A level then have a gap year (I'm on one atm) and apply for the 4 year course next year. It's one year for the rest of your life, do what you love. You owe it to yourself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.