Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Did he like me? watch

Announcements

We met through a dating app (didn't expect anything from it) and saw each other for the first time yesterday, around a week after our first conversation. We met at a busy place, went to a cafe. Right away he was feeding me compliments and right away we got into our beloved philosophical discussions. He is charming, physically and intellectually, has a great sense of humour and we share many interests in common but don't always agree on everything. After finishing the drinks, we were heading to 'a different place', which turned out to be... his house. 7PM.

Did he have intentions to sleep with me? Ehh, probably, but he did not seem to had gotten nervous or lost the plot when I straightforwardly told him I wasn't going to sleep with him. Just smiled, laughed, and said 'of course not'. We went to his dorm, watched videos about politics and religion, listened to some music, discussed stuff and shared experiences, smoked and drank wine. I asked him whether it was his intention to bring me home, and he said, yes, "if you happened to be cool". He tried to make a move on me a few times but I'd just say no and he'd back off. I was |_______________| this close to kissing him goodbye but managed to resist.

What signs should I go over in my head to know if he's genuinely interested? I didn't receive any 'blah blah had a great time with you' texts (thank god) but I would lie if I said I'm not looking at my phone from time to time. The boy got me a little lightheaded, I must admit.

I'm 19, he's 25.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Well obviously he's attracted to you - mentally and physically - since he showed it by discussing things that interested you both, complemented you and tried to kiss you. He seemed to act like himself i.e. naturally around you too which is always a good sign. You clearly showed that you were uncomfortable or a bit shy when it got to being affectionate and he accepted it by not forcing you or getting grumpy.

He seems like a lovely guy, I reckon you should meet again to see whether his charming self was a one-off or whether he could genuinely be someone you can see yourself with.

p.s. the I______I bit was so cute :mmm:

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Well obviously he's attracted to you - mentally and physically - since he showed it by discussing things that interested you both, complemented you and tried to kiss you. He seemed to act like himself i.e. naturally around you too which is always a good sign. You clearly showed that you were uncomfortable or a bit shy when it got to being affectionate and he accepted it by not forcing you or getting grumpy.

He seems like a lovely guy, I reckon you should meet again to see whether his charming self was a one-off or whether he could genuinely be someone you can see yourself with.

p.s. the I______I bit was so cute :mmm:
    Ahhh gurl, thank you for calming me down, I hope your words come true!

ReputationRep:
    He probably thought you don't like him because you didn't kiss him back tbh.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Agreed with jazjaz.

It does seem like he's interested, maybe give it some time before arranging a second meet up?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but from his perspective you've showed no interest beyond friendship. What exactly are you expecting?

These things have to work both ways. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on, not because he doesn't like you though.

But unless you start showing signs of interest, e.g. being the next one to text/call him (considering what happened yesterday), not just being silent and waiting, then, at least as a guy, I'd assume and move on.

(Original post by jazjaz)
    He probably thought you don't like him because you didn't kiss him back tbh.
    I think he was able to tell I wanted to, he did say something along the lines of 'you're saying no but your hands are saying yes'... I had my hand on his waist and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think he was able to tell I wanted to, he did say something along the lines of 'you're saying no but your hands are saying yes'... I had my hand on his waist and all.
    Fair enough all I am saying is that guys have better things to do than play psychic and guess what a girl is thinking or wanting when there are so many other women out there. That's probably why he hasn't texted or anything. It will be up to you to take the next step he might be feeling a bit rejected.

(Original post by jazjaz)
    Fair enough all I am saying is that guys have better things to do than play psychic and guess what a girl is thinking or wanting when there are so many other women out there. That's probably why he hasn't texted or anything. It will be up to you to take the next step he might be feeling a bit rejected.
    Wow, I'd feel both very upset and empowered if I accidentally rejected such a guy, haha.
    He did text me recently, saying I left 1 thing at his place and I responded with a cheesy joke. Been left on 'seen' for quite some time now but I do that too, so I hope it's not a bad sign, eh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.