kickingstitches
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hello all, I was hoping someone has already been in this situation.

I'm looking to relocate to York for university and was wondering if I can bring my partner with me? or should I just look for flats in York instead of dragging him into halls?
or shall I just see what York have to say when I go to their open day?
Novascope
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
While I'm not in that situation, I have heard that very few universities offer couples accommodation. If you're in regular accommodation, even with a double bed room you're technically not allowed to have someone live with you. Most uni's have a certain time limit you can have guests stay over. So unless your uni offers couples accommodation in halls, another option for you would be to rent privately and find a flat/house outside of halls where your partner can live with you. But it's worth asking your university what options they offer.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kickingstitches)
hello all, I was hoping someone has already been in this situation.

I'm looking to relocate to York for university and was wondering if I can bring my partner with me? or should I just look for flats in York instead of dragging him into halls?
or shall I just see what York have to say when I go to their open day?
if your partner won't be a student at York then he wouldn't be allowed to stay in uni owned accommodation. If he will be a student at York then you can ask if there is any couples accomodation however this is often limited and over subscribed where it does exist.
X1 Lettings
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello Kickingstitches,

I hope you are well.

I may be able to help here as I am a student accommodation account manager in Manchester where we have lots of couples staying in our halls. All we ask for is a double occupancy fee, therefore it is definitely worth asking on the open day as you may be surprised!

I hope you find a great room for the both of you.

Best wishes,

Sophie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.63%
I'm not sure (40)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.34%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (444)
48.1%

Watched Threads