The Student Room Group

OCR Business Studies F297 2016 - VGL Case Study

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys can anyone help with this question,

"In an attempt to win 2 more local authority contacts martin has suggested increasing the debt collection period offered. Using ratios and other financial information, critically discuss the implications of this strategy on VGL's stakeholders"

:bl:
Hi guys, I'm also sitting the exam on the 14th, I'm totally not prepared and focused on my other exams instead, can anyone save me and send me any essays questions they've answered from the apt back and other predicted questions, I don't even have the apt pack to start with, I know you all have revision to do and it may take some of your time, but this is literally the difference between me going to uni and not can anyone be a life saver and send me as many essays you've Answered in this as well as the ratios, thank you in advance Asaleh12@ Mail.comThanks in advance and good luck to everyone
Reply 42
Can someone let me know the figure they got for VGL's Return On Capital Employed? I have calculated it myself and got a different answer to the ZigZag resources.
Thanks.
Original post by GFEFC1
Can someone let me know the figure they got for VGL's Return On Capital Employed? I have calculated it myself and got a different answer to the ZigZag resources.
Thanks.

Any chance you could send me some essays you've done?
In the question "to what extent are vgl's objective realistic" would you chose 2 objectives to pick apart or all 4?
Reply 45
Original post by Will2610
In the question "to what extent are vgl's objective realistic" would you chose 2 objectives to pick apart or all 4?

Pick two, this will ensure you go into adequate detail to achieve level 4. Quality is better than quantity! What did you get for ROCE? Its pretty important haha
Original post by GFEFC1
Pick two, this will ensure you go into adequate detail to achieve level 4. Quality is better than quantity! What did you get for ROCE? Its pretty important haha

**** didnt even know you had to use ROCE :L how do you get the capital employed?
Reply 47
**** didnt even know you had to use ROCE :L how do you get the capital employed?

Yeah, its one of the profitability ratios isn't it?
ROCE is but to calculate it i need capital employed, is it equal to equity shareholder funds?
Does anyone think anything about the four pillars will be on?
Reply 50
Is the APT pack any good? Our school gave us the tutor2u one which was awful
ROCE is but to calculate it i need capital employed, is it equal to equity shareholder funds?

Capital employed is creditors falling due after one year added to net assets employed

so for 2015 it is £109 million
(don't treat the creditors as a negative when adding it)
Original post by georgie2498

Look further up in the thread... there are loads of APT pack questions that you can practise including ones on the Four Pillars.

Even if there isn't a question on it, you can always refer to it as a L4 point explaining how a certain action may conflict with their ethics as shown in the Four Pillars etc.
Original post by georgie2498

My bad .. there are no questions on the Four Pillars in the thread..

Well our teacher made up a question for us :

Michael believes the VGL's 'Four Pillars' (appendix 1) will help motivate their staff as they will understand 'why they are there'. To what extent do you agree with Michael? [18]
Reply 54
Original post by ShaminiPamini
Capital employed is creditors falling due after one year added to net assets employed

so for 2015 it is £109 million
(don't treat the creditors as a negative when adding it)

hi, did you get;

2014= 2.52%
2015 = 5.87%
Original post by GFEFC1
hi, did you get;

2014= 2.52%
2015 = 5.87%

That's what the case study says, i'm not getting them though as my net profit for 2014 is 1.4 whilst the case study says it's 2.8, i'm so confused :frown:
Original post by GFEFC1
hi, did you get;

2014= 2.52%
2015 = 5.87%

Yup :smile:
Reply 57
That's what the case study says, i'm not getting them though as my net profit for 2014 is 1.4 whilst the case study says it's 2.8, i'm so confused :frown:

Wanna know whats more confusing haha? the supposed to be 'answer pack' has 2.8 and 4.95!
Reply 58
Original post by ShaminiPamini
Yup :smile:

its great when an answer pack that costs hundreds has the wrong answers in :smile:

Fam, you got to PBIT not net profit ..

So use the profit before taxation which is 5.2 for 2015 and add it to interest which is 1.2 which equals 6.4 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest