Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Basically I'm studying Chemistry under WJEC but my problem is I started studying it over a month into the course so I missed out on a shed load of work on top of that my teacher isn't particularly great/helpful either. So I was hoping if anyone would give me ideas on what the best resources are for Chemistry AS Level for WJEC? Also any tips on revision because I've tried so many ways to revise but nothing works nor does information sink in. ))-:

ReputationRep:
    The WJEC have their own revision notes for CH1&CH2 online, I found them useful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're fine for time. I felt the same way as you, and even got a U in the January mock, but in the actual exam I got an B in Ch1, A in CH2 and A in CH3, and I gave up on revising.

I would mainly recommend to just doing past papers / making notes from past papers (and confer with your books/booklets, adding extra where you deem necessary.).

Bridging the gap, there was ionisation energy and a few other things
    Those you'd probably repeatedly go over.

Chemical calculations can be summarised into like 5 calculations to manipulate.

Hess's law, a few definitions, but with the actual equation, write your own method out for that 9soz don't have time right now to post my own notes.)

CH2
    mechanisms, just rota repeat, kind ahave to memorise a mechanism first ebfore you understand it
    unserstand it is important, as by that you can deduce the rest of the reactions

periodicities, just gotta learn

experiemtn with learning methods

shapes of molecule,s when the time comes, quote me, too much to explain in one post, and now

If you remind me another time, I'll post some essential stuff / my notes.
    Use flashcard app anki.
    And for CH1 doing past papers literally sets you straight for the exam.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.