Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else dreading P3 on Wednesday??? i have done as much revision as i can, ive done all the exercises in the book and all the past papaers but i know im not gonna do well! if they didnt try n put all the principles into hard and confusing questions id be ok!!! i found P1, P2, S1 and S2 ok and my other module is D&D1 n thats easy but im so skrewed for P3! help!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like everyone is revising for p3 . I think I'm focusing on revising my Physics first. I hope the Comprehension isn't about a boring subject, although I find they always put something in fresh to confuse ppl! I think I'm scared of the Vectors question - especially where it starts talking about line perpendicular etc. Which D1 paper did you sit? Cos I took the one in Jan 04, and nationally ppl found it hard, so the grade boundaries were lower...etc

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I'm doing the paper and NOT aiming for an A So hahaha! It's fine for me. I've got enough UMS from all the other modules to get away with a 30% so I'm just relieved.

I find it hard though, but there's always P4 and P5 to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    The thing that worries me is if the exam is like how the other exam boards papers have turned out. I hope the paper is 'do-able'!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know! everyone has sed how hard the P3s were this year! im dreading it!!! ive got 3 papers left to do now b4 wednesday and i can tell they r gonna go badly n ill have no confidence for wednesday! oh i hate P3!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i;m going thru EXACTLY the same thin...
    i;m dying here
    i've got A's for al my other math modules.. so tech all i need is a C in p3 to get an A... but i cant do it!
    argh... this is waaay too tuff!

ReputationRep:
    just outta interest....
    what is about P3 that's so terrible?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Ive decided to revise all of the vectors chapter thoroughly and near guarantee myself 15/15 for that question.. the rest is a bit :-s at the mo.. I would've been ok to come out with a D or something and still get an A overall if it wasnt for the nasty S2 exam the other day!! GRRRR!! Think I need around 100 out of 100 to secure my A now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsboy)
    Ive decided to revise all of the vectors chapter thoroughly and near guarantee myself 15/15 for that question.. the rest is a bit :-s at the mo.. I would've been ok to come out with a D or something and still get an A overall if it wasnt for the nasty S2 exam the other day!! GRRRR!! Think I need around 100 out of 100 to secure my A now!
    That's the only topic i'm completely confident on... well almost anyway. I can hope to get the marks for the binomial expansion and partial fractions.... who knows about the rest. Anything could come up!

ReputationRep:
    revise a lot of those wordy questions ie the rate of change of x is proportional to...

they tend to be the hardest ones especially if you don't get the first part..

ReputationRep:
    vectors is the one i aint confident in at all...
    its kinda avertge for everything

although binomial and partial fractions i'm feelin good with

i dunno i didnt mind the s2 exam.. i made some stupid exams but i think i got it okay...

all i need is a C for this paper...

ReputationRep:
    oh no! vectors is by far the worst question for me i can do most of the other stuff but vectors is...what the hell is going on?! lol

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.