The Student Room Group

Acceptable Reference

My uni tutor has already agreed to give me a reference for my PGCE application, but its occurred to me I have a bit of an issue with my second reference. Ideally I wanted to ask the head teacher of one of the schools I got experience at, but when I asked in June (when I did observations) they didn't respond and I'm not sure if they'll ignore me again if I ask again. Also, the school is my old high school so I'm not sure if that will somehow play against me.

My other option is a teacher I worked with volunteering in running workshops in her class for about a year, but I'm not sure if that's considered 'good' enough for a reference. Also, it is a Sixth Form and I want to do 11-18 years, so would that still be ok? Again, I've got the same issue that this is my old sixth form, so I'm not sure if it seems professional enough.

Anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
Ask another member of senior management from one of those schools. Failing that, I don't see why the teacher you volunteered for wouldn't be able to provide you a decent reference. Schools can also always ask for further referees if the ones you've provided don't give them enough information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending