The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Epicurean
I never said that. I am saying that they have gone to a gay pride festival and set up a stall. I am questioning how this stall was advertised? The study doesn't say, so we don't know. Basic epidemiology will tell you that this is an important factor that we need to know. If the stall advertise "study about homosexual men who were abused as children", then obviously the people who will come to the stall will be those who most likely are part of this statistic. This would not be a random sample as the study would clearly be biased into attracting these individuals, above and beyond their actual representation with the gay community.

Hatefacts? What is that?

http://takimag.com/article/10_hatefacts_for_those_who_hate_facts_gavin_mcinnes/print#axzz3ub9OwHSV

Those are minor ones too.
Original post by Amankhanhussain
that is natural but homosexual is not.

Rubbish. And can you answer my question, please?
Original post by Howard
The point is that NOT ALL heterosexuals can and/or choose to. Your premise is that the sole purpose of marriage is to "have kids" so I'll ask you again - are those marriages that fail to produce offspring invalid?

And, I'll ask you this; - since when was marriage needed to have children? Christian marriage as we know it today only started in 1184 at the Council of Verona. Did nobody produce children for the 100,000 odd years of man's existence prior to this time?

well that is natural . and homosexuals are not.
and yes when was marriage was needed to have kids. .a child born out of wedlock. have every right in westerns. but how would you know who is the father . as she may have slept with so many men..
Original post by Achaea
Rubbish. And can you answer my question, please?

why do you care. you people don't even care for marriage now. can have kids without marriage .. can do anything which other people do under marriage. so what bother you?

No response to the epidemiological flaws highlighted in the study you posted?

As for your hatefacts link. Number one is a statement that is too oversimplified. I would tend to emphasise healthy lifestyle over weight. Firstly, we have studies that have found that:

"lower grades of obesity (grade 1) do not increase the risk of death relative to normal-weight individuals and, in fact, overweight people had a small but significant reduction in their risk of death in the region of 6%..... People with more fat reserves to rely on may survive better if they lose weight due to ill health as they get older. ....Problems associated with being overweight (high blood pressure and diabetes) are picked up and treated earlier in overweight people compared with normal weight, as doctors are more vigilant of risk factors in overweight people. This treatment improves their health overall. "

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/01January/Pages/Overweight-people-live-longer-study-claims.aspx

Also, being slim is not necessarily a sign of health. People who smoke are far more likely to be slim, yet I doubt you would argue that smokers are healthier than non-smokers. Not to mention that BMI which is the favoured measurement for weight is faulty at best and doesn't take into account muscle mass. There are also studies that have shown overweight, but physically active people are just as healthy/unhealthy as physically inactive slim people:

"Overweight and obese-fit individuals had similar mortality risks as normal weight-fit individuals"
http://www.onlinepcd.com/article/S0033-0620%2813%2900155-2/abstract
(edited 8 years ago)
No, I do not support gay marriage. I don't like it.
Reply 646
and yes when was marriage was needed to have kids. .a child born out of wedlock. have every right in westerns. but how would you know who is the father . as she may have slept with so many men..

Don't confuse normal with natural. Homosexuality is natural.
why do you care. you people don't even care for marriage now. can have kids without marriage .. can do anything which other people do under marriage. so what bother you?

Blah blah blah. Can you answer my question, please? Would you forbid a woman past childbearing age from marrying a man because she can't have babies?

Silly generalisation about 'you people', I suppose that means 'people who don't get their morality from some dusty Bronze Age book'.
Original post by hoping4Astars

Nobody is forcing you to be in a gay marriage haha. I don't like olives, I still support the right of others to eat olives.

Why are you so obsessed with other people's sex lives? Why do you care if women have sex with lots of men or not? Why do you care if people of the same gender have sex together or get married? What does it have to do with you?
I don't agree with homosexuality but it is civil rights. In this world it is completely pointless to try to argue that. However I will always put my opinion out there if the moment is right. I will never say, "and because this is my opinion homosexuality needs to be illegal." It just won't work.

I believe homosexuality simply is each individual giving into the temptation. End of.

Don't have one then

But is you not wanting one really enough to deny other who do?
Original post by simbasdragon
Nobody is forcing you to be in a gay marriage haha. I don't like olives, I still support the right of others to eat olives.

I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman so I don't like it as it goes against my religious beliefs which state that homosexuality is wrong. Therefore I won't support it.
I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman so I don't like it as it goes against my religious beliefs which state that homosexuality is wrong. Therefore I won't support it.

Good thing religion doesn't control secular policy, then.
If two men or two women want to get married, fine by me, as long as they don't disturb me I'm all down for that
Indeed.
No, but that's my Personal opinion. Don't let my personal opinion stop you from doing what you want. Go ahead! it's non of my business what you do with your life.
Yes, I support same-sex marriage, but I don't anticipate trying it out for myself.
Original post by Perpetual Shoah
No, of course not.

not a chance.

Why?
Original post by shadowdweller
Why?

Because shadow, gays are an abomination

Latest

Trending

Trending