The Student Room Group

should Infant Circumssion be banned?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
FGM is done on babies/children without their consent. Same as MGM.

You deliberately fail to understand this.

no, I am very aware. Its the parents decision. Everybody brings up their children differently & every good parent acts in the best interest of their child, they have their own reasons for why they may decide for or against circumcision. Either way, their son can live a perfectly good life whether he was cut or not. As long as it's done professionally and only involves the removal of the foreskin, it's fine. You don't agree with it? Good, don't get your sons circumcised.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JD1lla
I dunno I still don't agree with legal circumcision

I don't agree nor disagree. I just think it's ridiculous that's it's being compared to FGM, sexual abuse and chopping off limbs
Reply 302
Original post by cherryred90s
I don't agree nor disagree. I just think it's ridiculous that's it's being compared to FGM, sexual abuse and chopping off limbs

Some of the girls that experience FGM consent to it. It's a grey area.
Reply 303
no, I am very aware. Its the parents decision. Everybody brings up their children differently & every good parent acts in the best interest of their child, they have their own reasons for why they may decide for or against circumcision. Either way, their son can live a perfectly good life whether he was cut or not. As long as it's done professionally and only involves the removal of the foreskin, it's fine. You don't agree with it? Good, don't get your sons circumcised.

It's about consent and freedom, not about whether the child grows up all fine and dandy.

I see it as giving a child a tattoo. They could grow up absolutely fine with it, and not harm them in the long term, but it's permanent, they didn't consent to it. Man I hate religion.
Original post by HanaGEM
Banning FGM went against a strong cultural belief and they stopped it just like that, I see no difference!

Except that it still goes on, especially in girls from African cultures.
Reply 305
Original post by simbasdragon

illegally
[QUOTE="saxsan4;60172391"]
Original post by TheTruthTeller

makes masturbation harder, requires more lube, can cause abrasions through sex, drying out of glands, scarring, death.

As someone who was circumcised as a baby* - I still remember it but it was the fact that my parents left me somewhere overnight that was the worst thing- I thought I should butt in here.

It doesn't make masturbation harder.

Never had abrasions ( that I remember or noticed) through sex but then perhaps Im doing it wrong :smile:.

You've mentioned the scar twice now but I can't even see a scar.edit oh that was someone else,sorry

If death is a real risk ,if ,then of course that's very valid however.

But as one person said you are apparently far less likely to contract aids if you are circumcised ( though I read that over 10 years ago so maybe new info available )

I also think I get more oral sex because of it.

On the whole I'm glad I'm circumcised and glad it was done as a baby .

However should it be banned? I can't say because I'm biased. Is it morally wrong ,possibly .Was my mother sick.No.

I certainly don't think it should be done in the name of religion.

But it's because of religion that ( I assume) it won't be banned.

* I say baby because I think I was but apparently you can't remember anything that happens before the age of 3 ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 307

I was going to answer something, but I don't bother anymore. It's like speaking to a brainwashed Muslim.

You are a disgusting person, and on my ignore list now.
Original post by Josb
I was going to answer something, but I don't bother anymore. It's like speaking to a brainwashed Muslim.

You are a disgusting person, and on my ignore list now.

I'm not a Muslim. I'm disgusting because I said it's the parents choice? Haha okay. I don't know why people feel the need to insult me, it must really hurt your feelings that I don't see a problem with circumcision. It's a good thing you don't get to decide that for my future sons :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by simbasdragon

Unfortunately yes it does, and if we banned male infant circumcision here it would still happen in the US Im sure.
All instances of FGM involves compromising future sexual pleasure, because the clitoris is tampered with in some way

types of FGM:
1. Partial or total removal of the clitoris
2. Partial or total removal of the clitoris and the labia minora, with or without the excision of the labia majora
3. Narrowing of the vagina orifice with creation of a covering seal by cutting and appositioning
The labia minora/majora usually accompanied with the excision of the clitoris. This is essentially cutting and sewing up the vagina and creating a small hole for urine and menstrual blood. The vagina has to be opened for childbirth. So for someone who has had the type 3 FGM, you reckon they'd enjoy sex with a sewed up vagina?

Other: all other harmful procedures to the female genitalia for non-medical purposes, e.g. pricking, piercing, incising, scraping and cauterizing the genital area.

You are ignoring the main reason for why FGM exists and it is to prevent girls from enjoying sex. You need to do your research on the purpose it's supposed to serve.

Its not comparable to male circumcision because it serves no health or hygienic benefits, all it does it cause harm. How many times do I have to repeat that?

Lol, you're talking nonsense. Circumcised men enjoy sexual activity, find pleasure in it and climax from it just like uncircumcised men. There is no factual evidence to support your claim. If you cannot provide any evidence, stop saying it.

We call this shifting the goalposts.
All instances of FGM involves compromising future sexual pleasure, because the clitoris is tampered with in some way

All instances of circumcision involves compromising future sexual pleasure, because the foreskin is tampered with in some way.

Its not comparable to male circumcision because it serves no health or hygienic benefits, all it does it cause harm. How many times do I have to repeat that?

Circumcision of healthy children serves no health or hygienic benefits.
Reply 312
Here's a good interview on the subject with Israeli born Gilad Atzmon

Media always talk about the evils of female circumcision, but nobody will touch male circumcision because of the Antisemitism card. So you'd rather allow this brutality to continue over offending the Jews? Who knows the psychological trauma it inflicts on people.

In Britain it isn't so common thankfully, but why do so many Americans chop off their foreskins when they're not Jewish?
Original post by limetang
We call this shifting the goalposts.

It is extremely rare for a girl to undergo FGM that doesn't involve removing part of if not all of the clitoris. In over 85% of cases, the clitoris is removed
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by @*=-+1!<>6
All instances of circumcision involves compromising future sexual pleasure, because the foreskin is tampered with in some way.

Circumcision of healthy children serves no health or hygienic benefits.

Circumcised men still experience sexual pleasure.
ive already stated the associated benefits of male circumcision. Research it
i think infants should be banned altogether. What purpose do they serve?
Original post by footygirlx
Foreskin is vile

You are a total misanthrope.
Reply 317

it is chomping of limps
Original post by saxsan4
it is chomping of limps

Lmao, ok
Original post by limetang
Should we chop people's hands off then? I mean ... it IS more hygienic that way, if they don't have hands they don't need to worry about washing hands.

You are not chopping off the penis, just clipping off the useless and disgusting foreskin.

Your analogy with hand doesnt make sense. why do you clip your nails?

Male Circumcision isnt going to stop till the world ends. Fgm is what i am strongly against. Nobody should touch a female child.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending